publishing by parcel is fun

1 message Options
J G

publishing by parcel is fun

J G
Hi, I'm afraid this is not new to other people however it's new to me that I just tried to publish by parcel on Windows machine. It's fun.
First publish the app bundle as parcel and set out to prepare an image, with all needed packages by the app loaded and leaving out the app bundle itself.
Second simply using runtime packager to make runtime.image an image keeping all things.
Now make a runtime.cnf with one line text which is the app parcel file name.
On windows these steps are enough.
The interesting thing is I now can give it to my friend and she will get auto-updates since the app will download new versions of the app parcel put on some file host.
I love this very much.

Best Regards,

Jim G