question about Glamour and Mondrian

Sergio Castro
Hello Doru !,

I am showing a Mondrian drawing in a Glamour panel, and I am trying to
solve the following problems:

- When shown in a Glamour browser, how I could add to the Mondrian frame
a scroll bar ? the Mondrian visualizations are often larger than the
panel, and since there is not a scroll bar, they are shown incomplete
(when using Mondrian outside Glamour the scroll-bar is there when needed).
- In my Mondrian drawing, the nodes are not reacting to double-click
events that are configured. However, if I show the Mondrian drawing
outside glamour, double click events works fine.
- is there a way to visualize subtitles to the multiple panels that
compose my glamour browser ?. In addition, I never managed to change the
title of the browser (Glamorous Browser by default), even though -as a
test- I sent the "title:" message to the browser object and to every
object that could understand it, but without affecting the title when
the browser was shown.

this is the snippet of the code I am using for working with Mondrain in
Glamour:

browser
        row:
                [:row2 |
                row2 column: #proofTree.
                browser
                    showOn: #proofTree;
                    from: #proofNode;
                    using:
                            [| mond |
                                mond := browser mondrian.
                                mond painting: [:view :node | ... ]
                            ]

thanks in advance for any help !

--
Sergio Castro
Département d'Ingénierie Informatique (INGI)

Re: question about Glamour and Mondrian

Tudor Girba
Hi Sergio,

 From the description of your problem it seems that you are using VW.
Is that correct? If yes, I will probably not be able to help much
given that I am not developing in VW since more than 1 year. Also, the
VW renderer is built in Widgetry which has plenty of limitations that
I would not know how to solve. One of them is the scrollbar problem
that I did not know how to manage for a Mondrian canvas.

Any chance we get you to move to Pharo? :)

In Pharo, the Mondrian presentation is drawn nicely with a scroll bar.
Also the browser should display the title if title: is sent to it.

Cheers,
Doru

On 1 Feb 2010, at 15:11, Sergio Castro wrote:

> Hello Doru !,
>
> I am showing a Mondrian drawing in a Glamour panel, and I am trying
> to solve the following problems:
>
> - When shown in a Glamour browser, how I could add to the Mondrian
> frame a scroll bar ? the Mondrian visualizations are often larger
> than the panel, and since there is not a scroll bar, they are shown
> incomplete (when using Mondrian outside Glamour the scroll-bar is
> there when needed).
> - In my Mondrian drawing, the nodes are not reacting to double-click
> events that are configured. However, if I show the Mondrian drawing
> outside glamour, double click events works fine.
> - is there a way to visualize subtitles to the multiple panels that
> compose my glamour browser ?. In addition, I never managed to change
> the title of the browser (Glamorous Browser by default), even though
> -as a test- I sent the "title:" message to the browser object and to
> every object that could understand it, but without affecting the
> title when the browser was shown.
>
> this is the snippet of the code I am using for working with Mondrain
> in Glamour:
>
> browser
> row:
>               [:row2 |
>               row2 column: #proofTree.
>               browser
>                   showOn: #proofTree;
>                   from: #proofNode;
>                   using:
>                           [| mond |
> mond := browser mondrian.
> mond painting: [:view :node | ... ]
>                           ]
>

> thanks in advance for any help !
>
> --
> Sergio Castro
> Département d'Ingénierie Informatique (INGI)
> Université catholique de Louvain (UCL)
> Belgium

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."