question about Laser-Game

Peter K.H. Gragert
Hallo,
has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
Greets
      Peter

Re: question about Laser-Game

LogiqueWerks
btw,   http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/   is exposed on the
web (no index.html )

Is that your intent ?

Robert

On 24 September 2012 05:26, Peter K.H. Gragert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hallo,
> has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
> http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
> Greets
>       Peter

Re: question about Laser-Game

Peter K.H. Gragert
Sorry,
http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
was meant ...

2012/9/24 Robert Shiplett <[hidden email]>
btw,   http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/   is exposed on the
web (no index.html )

Is that your intent ?

Robert

On 24 September 2012 05:26, Peter K.H. Gragert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hallo,
> has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
> http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
> Greets
>       Peter

Re: question about Laser-Game

Not that I know. It would be great to have it. In the past I tried to give feedback to stevens and to publish it as a book but our
agenda did not match.

Stef

> Hallo,
> has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
> http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
> Greets
>       Peter

Re: question about Laser-Game

Peter H. Meadows
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/LaserGame.html

Works in Pharo2.0 and Pharo1.4

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not that I know. It would be great to have it. In the past I tried to give feedback to stevens and to publish it as a book but our
> agenda did not match.
>
> Stef
>

>> Hallo,
>> has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
>> http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
>> Greets
>>       Peter

Re: question about Laser-Game

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent!

I suggested to stephan to port his book to the Pharo by example latex format and I read all the book  but he did not have the time, so I gave up
Too bad this would be a valuable book. Now since the license is not the same that the pharo book (i.e. it is free but
not share-a-like… http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ )
I will not do anything. If the license of the tutorial once changes I will probably do a pass and help pushing it.

Stef

On Oct 21, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Peter H. Meadows wrote:

> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/LaserGame.html
>
> Works in Pharo2.0 and Pharo1.4
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not that I know. It would be great to have it. In the past I tried to give feedback to stevens and to publish it as a book but our
>> agenda did not match.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> Hallo,
>>> has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
>>> http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
>>> Greets
>>>      Peter

Re: question about Laser-Game

Peter

There are some references to really old classes :)
Preferences does not exist (thank thank thank) for example
Have a look at the Settings chapter in the pharobyexample2 book.

Here is what I get on the latest 2.0 version :)
I would spend time cleaning the code if I would know if the original code is really MIT
so far
        http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/notes01.html

does not say anything - sadly

Stef

On Oct 21, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Peter H. Meadows wrote:

> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/LaserGame.html
>
> Works in Pharo2.0 and Pharo1.4
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not that I know. It would be great to have it. In the past I tried to give feedback to stevens and to publish it as a book but our
>> agenda did not match.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> Hallo,
>>> has someone built the Laser-Game in Pharo?
>>> http://www.preeminent.org/squeak/tut2007/html/
>>> Greets
>>>      Peter

Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 4.08.33 PM.pdf (59K) Download Attachment