question about connectors and scripting in general

1 message Options

question about connectors and scripting in general

LawsonEnglish
Hi.

I'm trying to use the Connectors package within EToys to generate a
complicated movie.

First step: create a graph of nodes with connections between them (done
-or at least, doable).

Second step: manipulate connectors with scripts from within EToys.

and... nothing.

I've located the script "tell all outgoing connectors" associated with a
single node. I've created a script with the code

^self hide

and associated it with the "tell all outgoing connectors" and "tell all
incoming connectors" scripts and attempted to fire it once.

Nothing happens.

Ok, so I tried a different script:

hide.

^ self.

Nothing happens.

I know how to use Connectors directly within Squeak. I've made youtube
tutorials on how to figure out how to do arbitrary stuff with Connectors
at teh Squeak level using the debugging tools. I'm stymied at step 2
using EToys.

:-/

Suggestions?

Thanks.