question about layout visualization

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I would like to see how I can avoid to get confused.

I would like to see distribution maps improved and get some variations. Now I wonder
is distribution maps a layout?

Re: question about layout visualization

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

No, it's not. Just like polymetric views, it is a pattern of visualization.

But, having a solid distribution map package would be great. Who wants to work on this?

Doru

On May 8, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like to see how I can avoid to get confused.
>
> I would like to see distribution maps improved and get some variations. Now I wonder
> is distribution maps a layout?
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: question about layout visualization

stephane ducasse

On May 8, 2013, at 10:51 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No, it's not. Just like polymetric views, it is a pattern of visualization.

I'm still do not see why this is different from a radial layout. but this is not important.

> But, having a solid distribution map package would be great. Who wants to work on this?

We started to use contractor to compact labels. But my intuition is that there are many parameters that are missing.

Stef

> Doru
>

> On May 8, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I would like to see how I can avoid to get confused.
>>
>> I would like to see distribution maps improved and get some variations. Now I wonder
>> is distribution maps a layout?
>>
>> Stef

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Innovation comes in the least expected form.
> That is, if it is expected, it already happened."

Re: question about layout visualization

abergel
I have not had a look at it. But from the Roassal perspective, I guess it should be made as a builder, maybe based on the one of MondrianViewBuilder, maybe not.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu