questions about FAMIXAnnotations

Fabrizio Perin
Hi all,
i was looking at the model and i was wondering why the method annotationInstaces is defined into FAMIXEntity. I think that it should be defined into FAMIXSourcedEntity otherwise i can ask to a FAMIXAnnotationInstance which are its annotationInstances that is kind o weird because as far as i know you cannot annotate an annotation or can you do that?

Moreover in which sense annotationInstances is derived? I mean if i have an entity how can i calculate the annotaton instances without accessing the model directly?

Cheers,

Fabrizio

Re: questions about FAMIXAnnotations

Tudor Girba
Hi,

On 26 Oct 2010, at 14:47, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> Hi all,
> i was looking at the model and i was wondering why the method annotationInstaces is defined into FAMIXEntity. I think that it should be defined into FAMIXSourcedEntity otherwise i can ask to a FAMIXAnnotationInstance which are its annotationInstances that is kind o weird because as far as i know you cannot annotate an annotation or can you do that?

This kind of things are always a problem with single inheritance. In this case, I cannot think of a case in which we can annotate other entities except sourced entities. So, it should indeed be fine to move the property down into FAMIXSourcedEntity.

> Moreover in which sense annotationInstances is derived? I mean if i have an entity how can i calculate the annotaton instances without accessing the model directly?

derived means it can be derived from another piece of information. When you have a bi-directional association, derived most always means that it can be derived from the other end of the association. Typically, when we have a 1-to-n association, we mark the n end with derived. In this case FAMIXAnnotationInstance>>annotatedEntity is not derived, but FAMIXEntity>>annotationInstances is derived.

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
>
> Fabrizio

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."