questions - class variable convention & Magritte arrays?

1 message Options

questions - class variable convention & Magritte arrays?

Cameron Sanders-3

-- Three questions regarding implementing singletons:

1. the convention is to use an initial cap for class variable names,
correct? (even though it is not required...)

2. Magritte will likely be used. And I have not dug too deeply.

My current (temporary/stepping stone) class is

Object subclass: #FaFnBasicKeyLabelAssociations
        instanceVariableNames: ''
        classVariableNames: 'TheSingleton'
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'FA-FinanceMeta'

But I realized that I need even more information than (the basic)
Magritte in some cases, and the "Fn" part of the name up above is
really referring to financial series (multi-year data). The length of
the series varies (depending on what is available). So the question
is: does magritte have any capabilities (classes) for handling list
display/edit as well as SQL access? Or is that something I will need
to build? [And a "yes, read the manual, you idiot!" answer is helpful!]

Thanks in advance,
Cam