rails niceties equivalents?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Sergio wrote:
 >one of my current projects requires that other apps have direct access
 >to the mysql database.. a fact that i can't get around.. this was
 >going to be my first seaside app, but for those reasons, i started a
 >rails app..
When other applications have direct access to your database, you
cannot contain
bugs. A mistake in one application will bring down other
applications.  That is
unacceptably bad design.

Stephan

Re: rails niceties equivalents?

sergio_101-2

On May 15, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> When other applications have direct access to your database, you
> cannot contain
> bugs. A mistake in one application will bring down other
> applications.  That is
> unacceptably bad design.

the other app that has access is indesign... through a plugin..