ranking seaside app

cbeler
Hi all...

I have a question concerning ranking... and then seaside url

I have friends that build web sites and app using mostly flash, php...
I showed them seaside and I think they might be interested especially
for doing a local product online shop.... except the only limitation
that bother them is that the get var _s and _k avoid a good ranking of
page (according to them)...

Let's say we have an online shop like the sushi store... what would be
nice is when a crawler walks on the site, he sees, say
http://localhost:8008/seaside/store/Aji   instead of
http://localhost:8008/seaside/store/Aji?_s=wCfHdBFLdXKvXFUt&_k=vrvoOAyK
so as the page concerning the Aji sushi page could be better ranked...

What do you think of that ? Does some of you had this preoccupation too
? and how did you deal with that ?  maybe doing a root app for each
product ? If you have any ideas...

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: ranking seaside app

Philippe Marschall
> except the only limitation
> that bother them is that the get var _s and _k avoid a good ranking of
> page (according to them)...

Ranking by whom? Google?

Philippe

Re: ranking seaside app

Dmitry Dorofeev
Hi I use Bicephale to generate site and normal Seaside to
generate dynamic content (user registration, search, basket/checkout)

See http://www.loop.aero/ to have an idea what is possible with this approach.

-Dmitry.

Cédrick Béler wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> I have a question concerning ranking... and then seaside url
>
> I have friends that build web sites and app using mostly flash, php...
> I showed them seaside and I think they might be interested especially
> for doing a local product online shop.... except the only limitation
> that bother them is that the get var _s and _k avoid a good ranking of
> page (according to them)...
>
> Let's say we have an online shop like the sushi store... what would be
> nice is when a crawler walks on the site, he sees, say
> http://localhost:8008/seaside/store/Aji   instead of
> http://localhost:8008/seaside/store/Aji?_s=wCfHdBFLdXKvXFUt&_k=vrvoOAyK
> so as the page concerning the Aji sushi page could be better ranked...
>
> What do you think of that ? Does some of you had this preoccupation too
> ? and how did you deal with that ?  maybe doing a root app for each
> product ? If you have any ideas...
>

> Thanks
>
> Cédrick

С уважением,
  Дмитрий Дорофеев,
  ООО "ЯСП",
  Генеральный директор
  +7 812 560 4676

Re: ranking seaside app

cbeler

Philippe Marschall a écrit :

>> except the only limitation
>> that bother them is that the get var _s and _k avoid a good ranking of
>> page (according to them)...
>

> Ranking by whom? Google?

I guess yes :)  not the kind of think I'm interested in but seems
important and if I want to try seaside with them, I need to find an a
trade-off. Using bicephale should be a good start as pointed Dmitry

Re: ranking seaside app

cbeler

> Hi I use Bicephale to generate site and normal Seaside to
> generate dynamic content (user registration, search, basket/checkout)
>
> See http://www.loop.aero/ to have an idea what is possible with this
> approach.

Hi Dmitry
nice :)
I think I need to have a closer look to bicephale. I tried it once...
but don't know really how to proceed. If you have any pointers on it ?
Anyway, I'm loading the version I've found from squeakmap (havent found
a more recent one)

just some questions...
is it compatible with last seaside versions ? and 3.9 ?

Thanks ;)

Cédrick