re-2: VWNC for Windows CE

1 message Options

re-2: VWNC for Windows CE

Victor Metelitsa [cssc/zsavs/p2]
Thanks. I have modified path to message files (replace $(VUSIALWORKS) with
dot).

Now I have another crash. I think that HostGraphicsDevice>>platformName
gives wrong result occasionally. At first I see at error0.log some time ago.
Because error, HostGraphicsDevice>>preferredFontClass returns DeviceFont
instead MSWindowsFont. And DeviceFont don't understand #fontLookupPattern
message.

I have changed HostGraphicsDevice>>preferredFontClass for exploring of
HostGraphicsDevice>>platformName result.

preferredFontClass
 "Answer the receiver's preferred font class. This class is responsible
  for mapping font descriptions to the platform's implementation
  fonts and is typically a subclass of DeviceFont. If the platform does
  not match any of the predefined platforms, answer the class
  DeviceFont as the preferred font class."

 | platformName fontClassName f |
 platformName := self platformName.
"vvm"
 f := 'platformName.txt' asFilename writeStream.
  nextPutAll: platformName;
  cr;
  close.
"/vvm"
 fontClassName := #(#{XFont} #{MSWindowsFont} #{MacFont} #{OS2Font}
#{MacOSXFont} #{DeviceFont})
    at: (#('X11' 'MS-Windows' 'Mac' 'OS/2' 'MacOSX') indexOf: platformName
      ifAbsent: "vvm" 2 "/vvm: was 6").
 ^(fontClassName isDefined and: [fontClassName value isBehavior])
  ifTrue: [fontClassName value]
  ifFalse: [DeviceFont]

Now, sometimes I have platformName.txt in filesystem root.  Sometimes I have
platformName.txt file in current directory.
Sometimes platformName.txt  contains 'MS-Windows'. Sometimes
platformName.txt file contains just random garbage. You can see it in
error2.log.

;-(