re: Mac 3.8.6b6 posted for testing

ccrraaiigg

Hi John--

 > We've moved everything to an SVN server
 >
 > http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk
 >
 > svnx is a mac os-x client

        Hm, when I try to connect to a repository with that URL, svnx just
seems to spin. Do I need to make special firewall affordances? Are there
more detailed instructions somewhere?

        'Sorry if this has been discussed before, I just joined the new list.
If someone can point me at a URL for the archives of the new list, I'd
very much appreciate it.

        thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

Re: Mac 3.8.6b6 posted for testing

johnmci
The new list is
A new VM-dev list is available at:
        [hidden email]

You subscribe to it by sending an email to:
        [hidden email]

The old list was at

[hidden email]

Not sure where the archives for that would be, check
lists.sourceforge.net?

So if you do a cmd line operation, say:

svn checkout http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk

what happens?

I'll further note it could be a permission problem. There is a read
only mirror on squeakfoundation.org

3. CVS (Subversion)

The CVS on SF is already obsolete. The new box has Subversion installed
and is set up to mirror the current master repository at HP every 10
minutes. The mirror is currently readonly and available through WebDav
at:

        http://box1.squeakfoundation.org/svn/mirrors/squeak

One user reported that you may have problems accessing it from behind a
proxy, see http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy. A workaround was
to use Socks5.

On Feb 23, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi John--
>
> > We've moved everything to an SVN server
> >
> > http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk
> >
> > svnx is a mac os-x client
>
> Hm, when I try to connect to a repository with that URL, svnx just
> seems to spin. Do I need to make special firewall affordances? Are
> there more detailed instructions somewhere?
>
> 'Sorry if this has been discussed before, I just joined the new list.
> If someone can point me at a URL for the archives of the new list, I'd
> very much appreciate it.
>

> thanks again,
>
> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> improvisational musical informaticist
> [hidden email]
> www.netjam.org
> [|] Proceed for Truth!

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]> 1-800-477-2659
===

Re: Mac 3.8.6b6 posted for testing

Bert Freudenberg-3
Am 23.02.2005 um 23:59 schrieb Craig Latta:

> Hi John--
>
> > We've moved everything to an SVN server
> >
> > http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk
> >
> > svnx is a mac os-x client
>
> Hm, when I try to connect to a repository with that URL, svnx just
> seems to spin. Do I need to make special firewall affordances? Are
> there more detailed instructions somewhere?

These proxy settings helped a few people (including me):
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

You're out of luck if your ISP forces a transparent proxy on you. You
still can get at the current source code by pointing a webcrawler (wget
works nicely) at http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk

> 'Sorry if this has been discussed before, I just joined the new list.
> If someone can point me at a URL for the archives of the new list, I'd
> very much appreciate it.

See http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?2

But the old archives haven't been moved, yet.

- Bert -

re: building on MacOS X

ccrraaiigg

        Ah, I was missing some backend SVN stuff. Thanks! And thanks to Ken,
Cees, Göran, Bert for the mail archive stuff.

        Okay, next question: What's the best way to build this thing on MacOS
X? :)  I notice there's a "SqueakVMForCarbon.pbproj", but when I try to
build from it in XCode, there are all sorts of problems with header
include paths, the paths of VMMaker-generated sources, etc. Should I
just fix it, or am I doing the wrong thing? Or is there a better XCode
project file somewhere?

        thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist
[hidden email]
www.netjam.org
[|] Proceed for Truth!

Re: building on MacOS X

johnmci
Well I did go and update the svn tree to ensure the latest stuff is
there.
Let me know what problems you are having and we'll update the mac
readme file.

PS yes it talks about CVS, that we'll need to change.

On Feb 23, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Craig Latta wrote:

> Ah, I was missing some backend SVN stuff. Thanks! And thanks to Ken,
> Cees, Göran, Bert for the mail archive stuff.
>
> Okay, next question: What's the best way to build this thing on MacOS
> X? :)  I notice there's a "SqueakVMForCarbon.pbproj", but when I try
> to build from it in XCode, there are all sorts of problems with header
> include paths, the paths of VMMaker-generated sources, etc. Should I
> just fix it, or am I doing the wrong thing? Or is there a better XCode
> project file somewhere?
>

> thanks again,
>
> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> improvisational musical informaticist
> [hidden email]
> www.netjam.org
> [|] Proceed for Truth!

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]> 1-800-477-2659
===

Re: Mac 3.8.6b6 posted for testing

goran.krampe
[SNIP]

Full list of lists now on: http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org

> But the old archives haven't been moved, yet.

Right, the archive file is sitting on box1 though and I asked Cees/Ken
to figure something out :).

regards, Göran

re: building on MacOS X

ccrraaiigg

        (Hokay, turned out my project file was in the wrong place, so relative
paths weren't right. Should have read the instructions more carefully.)

        Thanks for your help!

-C