reStore question

pdigonzelli
Hi all . I have this problem.

I have this hierarchy of classes
    Class A
        Class B
        Class C

when i do reStore instancesOf: Class B. I returns allInstances of class A
and its subclasses instances it means Class B instances and Class C
instances.

Does anyone knows what is happened ?

TIA
Pablo

Re: reStore question

pdigonzelli
An Aclaration

Really the situation is this
Class A
         Class B
         Class C
            Class D

Class C and Class D returns the same instances of Class A.
But Class B returns only his instances.

It seems that the classes who has subClasses and his subclasses returns a
wrong instancesOf: result.

Someone knows about it?

TIA
Pablo

"Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi all . I have this problem.
>
> I have this hierarchy of classes
>     Class A
>         Class B
>         Class C
>
> when i do reStore instancesOf: Class B. I returns allInstances of class A
> and its subclasses instances it means Class B instances and Class C
> instances.
>
> Does anyone knows what is happened ?
>
> TIA
> Pablo

Re: reStore question

pdigonzelli
If the class has a children there is the problem.
ReStore people. How can i solve it?

TIA
Pablo

"Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[hidden email]...

> An Aclaration
>
> Really the situation is this
> Class A
>          Class B
>          Class C
>             Class D
>
> Class C and Class D returns the same instances of Class A.
> But Class B returns only his instances.
>
> It seems that the classes who has subClasses and his subclasses returns a
> wrong instancesOf: result.
>
> Someone knows about it?
>
> TIA
> Pablo
>
> "Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
> news:[hidden email]...
> > Hi all . I have this problem.
> >
> > I have this hierarchy of classes
> >     Class A
> >         Class B
> >         Class C
> >
> > when i do reStore instancesOf: Class B. I returns allInstances of class

> > and its subclasses instances it means Class B instances and Class C
> > instances.
> >
> > Does anyone knows what is happened ?
> >
> > TIA
> > Pablo

Re: reStore question

rko281-2
Pablo,

> If the class has a children there is the problem.
> ReStore people. How can i solve it?

This appears to be a previously-unrecorded bug. There's an initial patch for
this, which you can download from here:

http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/restore/intermediate_class_patch.st

Once I've done more tests on this, I'll roll it into the patch file for the
current release.

Just to clarify:

> Class A
>          Class B
>          Class C
>             Class D

The bug affects an instancesOf: collection of an intermediate persistent class,
i.e. one with both a persistent superclass and one or more persistent subclasses
(so just ClassC in this case).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

Re: reStore question

John Aspinall-5
Pablo,

> If the class has a children there is the problem.
> ReStore people. How can i solve it?

This appears to be a previously-unrecorded bug. There's an initial patch for
this, which you can download from here:

http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/restore/intermediate_class_patch.st

Once I've done more tests on this, I'll roll it into the patch file for the
current release.

Just to clarify:

> Class A
>          Class B
>          Class C
>             Class D

The bug affects an instancesOf: collection of an intermediate persistent class,
i.e. one with both a persistent superclass and one or more persistent subclasses
(so just ClassC in this case).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

Re: reStore question

pdigonzelli
Thanks john!!!

with my cases the patch works vwry well

TIA
Pablo
mensaje news:jckTc.172$[hidden email]...