read, display, and annotate MS Word and PDF files?

1 message Options

read, display, and annotate MS Word and PDF files?

David Epstein

Hi folks. I am considering trying Pharo for a project but am unfamiliar with Smalltalk. I'm attracted by the close integration between language and IDE. Are there native libraries that would allow me to read, display, and annotate (e.g. add comments & highlighting) to MS Word and PDF files? If not, is it easy to call libraries intended for other languages, such as http://www.foxitsdk.com/ ?

Thank you,

-david