registering trouble again!

Prashanth Hebbar
Hi:
Everything was working fine. Today I created a text class and i got an error with registering. A debugger walkthrough shows that
#defaultURL:forObject:

is where the error is.

Please help.

Regards.
--
Prashanth Hebbar
Bangalore

Re: registering trouble again!

Janko Mivšek
Prashanth, please provide us more info. What text class you created,
what do you try to register?

Register just root object of your model and this object shall be
permanent, that is, it should stay in your image. This will the best way.

Best regards
Janko

Prashanth Hebbar pravi:

> Hi:
> Everything was working fine. Today I created a text class and i got an
> error with registering. A debugger walkthrough shows that
> #defaultURL:forObject:
>
> is where the error is.
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards.
> --
> Prashanth Hebbar
> Bangalore

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: registering trouble again!

Prashanth Hebbar
Hi Janko:
I have a simple class with name, age and email as inst vars. I had a class called MyTestObject. I have an app called MyTestObjectApp. I created an instance of MyTestObject in myTest and passed this to #forObject:

Here's what I wanted to do.
Since in aida/web any object can be rendered, i wanted to have a quick way of exchanging my data with the outside world which is essentially non-smalltalk and non-technical.

Though there are easier ways to do this without SmallTalk, this was my beginning at a grander scheme of things where everything is an object lying in varied distributed set up. They respond to messages such as #printYourSelfAsHtml or #AlignYaourSelfAfter..
There are many more things that are possible with this thought process. Hence I wanted to get started with the smallest step.

I may be totally wrong though.

Regards.

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Prashanth, please provide us more info. What text class you created,
what do you try to register?

Register just root object of your model and this object shall be
permanent, that is, it should stay in your image. This will the best way.

Best regards
Janko

Prashanth Hebbar pravi:
> Hi:
> Everything was working fine. Today I created a text class and i got an
> error with registering. A debugger walkthrough shows that
> #defaultURL:forObject:
>
> is where the error is.
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards.
> --
> Prashanth Hebbar
> Bangalore

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Prashanth Hebbar
Bangalore

Re: registering trouble again!

Janko Mivšek
Prashanth,

It seems ok and also registering just that single instance of
MytestObject class should work.

Now you try to find the cause of your problem with debugger. Mastering
the wok with debugger is the best way to solve your Smalltalk problems,
Aida ones included. Browsing a chain of messages which lead to the
exception will reveal the problem sooner or later. And you'll learn how
Aida is working more thoroughly.

Best regards
Janko

Prashanth Hebbar pravi:

> Hi Janko:
> I have a simple class with name, age and email as inst vars. I had a
> class called MyTestObject. I have an app called MyTestObjectApp. I
> created an instance of MyTestObject in myTest and passed this to #forObject:
>
> Here's what I wanted to do.
> Since in aida/web any object can be rendered, i wanted to have a quick
> way of exchanging my data with the outside world which is essentially
> non-smalltalk and non-technical.
>
> Though there are easier ways to do this without SmallTalk, this was my
> beginning at a grander scheme of things where everything is an object
> lying in varied distributed set up. They respond to messages such as
> #printYourSelfAsHtml or #AlignYaourSelfAfter..
> There are many more things that are possible with this thought process.
> Hence I wanted to get started with the smallest step.
>
> I may be totally wrong though.
>
> Regards.
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Prashanth, please provide us more info. What text class you created,
>     what do you try to register?
>
>     Register just root object of your model and this object shall be
>     permanent, that is, it should stay in your image. This will the best
>     way.
>
>     Best regards
>     Janko
>
>     Prashanth Hebbar pravi:
>     > Hi:
>     > Everything was working fine. Today I created a text class and i got an
>     > error with registering. A debugger walkthrough shows that
>     > #defaultURL:forObject:
>     >
>     > is where the error is.
>     >
>     > Please help.
>     >
>     > Regards.
>     > --
>     > Prashanth Hebbar
>     > Bangalore
>     >
>     >
>     >
>
>     --
>     Janko Mivšek
>     Svetovalec za informatiko
>     Eranova d.o.o.
>     Ljubljana, Slovenija
>     www.eranova.si <http://www.eranova.si/>
>     tel:  01 514 22 55
>     faks: 01 514 22 56
>     gsm: 031 674 565

> Prashanth Hebbar
> Bangalore

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: registering trouble again!

Prashanth Hebbar

Yippee. it works!

With this, I learnt perhaps how a very tiny fraction of smalltalk/Aida works.

Thanks Janko.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.