release in about 2 weeks

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I would like to release Moose two weeks after Pharo 5 is released (probably next week). After that, we will move the development to Pharo 6.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

CyrilFerlicot
Le 30/04/2016 06:35, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to release Moose two weeks after Pharo 5 is released (probably next week). After that, we will move the development to Pharo 6.

Hi Doru,

With the release of Moose 6, at Synectique we would like to improve the
configurations.
Currently we have tools that do not need any in-pharo interface but we
have to load a lot of stuff as Roassal or last version of glamour
because this is impossible to only get Famix.

We would like to be able to load only the core model of Moose with Moose
6. In order to do that we thought that it would be good to have a
ConfigurationOfMooseCore with only the packages needed by Famix and a
ConfigurationOfFamix that would allow us to load only the model of
Moose. With this changes we would be able to have much more modular
projects. It is currently impossible to have famix without Roassal for
example.

What do you think about it?

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: release in about 2 weeks

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

> On Apr 30, 2016, at 6:43 PM, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 30/04/2016 06:35, Tudor Girba a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to release Moose two weeks after Pharo 5 is released (probably next week). After that, we will move the development to Pharo 6.
>>

> Hi Doru,
>
> With the release of Moose 6, at Synectique we would like to improve the
> configurations.
> Currently we have tools that do not need any in-pharo interface but we
> have to load a lot of stuff as Roassal or last version of glamour
> because this is impossible to only get Famix.
>
> We would like to be able to load only the core model of Moose with Moose
> 6. In order to do that we thought that it would be good to have a
> ConfigurationOfMooseCore with only the packages needed by Famix and a
> ConfigurationOfFamix that would allow us to load only the model of
> Moose. With this changes we would be able to have much more modular
> projects. It is currently impossible to have famix without Roassal for
> example.

Indeed, having a ConfigurationOfFamix would be great, and in fact it was a goal for this release but nobody picked it up until now :). I would not want to get a ConfigurationOfMooseCore if possible. Would you like to give it a first try?

Cheers,
Doru

> What do you think about it?
>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Being happy is a matter of choice."
>>

> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
>
> 165 Avenue Bretagne
> Lille 59000 France

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

CyrilFerlicot
Le 30/04/2016 18:50, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> Indeed, having a ConfigurationOfFamix would be great, and in fact it was a goal for this release but nobody picked it up until now :). I would not want to get a ConfigurationOfMooseCore if possible. Would you like to give it a first try?

I did not knew enough the state of moose/famix to know if we needed a
MooseCore but if you think we do not need it it's fine.

I do not know when we will have the time to work on it at Synectique. We
can discuss it Monday. We will try to find the time to do it since we
lose a lot of time because of the huge configurations we have now.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

165 Avenue Bretagne
Lille 59000 France

Re: release in about 2 weeks

stepharo

> Indeed, having a ConfigurationOfFamix would be great, and in fact it was a goal for this release but nobody picked it up until now :). I would not want to get a ConfigurationOfMooseCore if possible.

why?

> Would you like to give it a first try?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> What do you think about it?
>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Being happy is a matter of choice."
>>>

>> --
>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>
>> http://www.synectique.eu
>>
>> 165 Avenue Bretagne
>> Lille 59000 France

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

Tudor Girba-2
It was more of a thought. Moose Core is essentially one package plus the Fame dependency. What I do not like about this is that it does not have a separate identity (MooseCore is just a technical name). Famix was supposed to be the conglomerate of all meta-models, and I would more like to see it somewhere in that direction. However, indeed, there should be a separate entity, only it would be great if we would find a name for it :).

What is certainly a goal is to have a ConfigurationOfMoose that only depends on other configurations (i.e., is a pure assembly).

Cheers,
Doru

> On May 1, 2016, at 7:22 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Indeed, having a ConfigurationOfFamix would be great, and in fact it was a goal for this release but nobody picked it up until now :). I would not want to get a ConfigurationOfMooseCore if possible.
>
> why?
>
>> Would you like to give it a first try?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> What do you think about it?

>>> --
>>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>>
>>> http://www.synectique.eu
>>>
>>> 165 Avenue Bretagne
>>> Lille 59000 France

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

stepharo
It was more of a thought. Moose Core is essentially one package plus the
Fame dependency. What I do not like about this is that it does not have
a separate identity (MooseCore is just a technical name). Famix was
supposed to be the conglomerate of all meta-models, and I would more
like to see it somewhere in that direction. However, indeed, there
should be a separate entity, only it would be great if we would find a
name for it :).

For me
MooseCore
     FamixEntity
     Model
     Group
     Import
     Save

Famix is another.
> What is certainly a goal is to have a ConfigurationOfMoose that only depends on other configurations (i.e., is a pure assembly).
yes

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On May 1, 2016, at 7:22 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Indeed, having a ConfigurationOfFamix would be great, and in fact it was a goal for this release but nobody picked it up until now :). I would not want to get a ConfigurationOfMooseCore if possible.
>> why?
>>
>>> Would you like to give it a first try?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

> On May 1, 2016, at 9:32 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It was more of a thought. Moose Core is essentially one package plus the Fame dependency. What I do not like about this is that it does not have a separate identity (MooseCore is just a technical name). Famix was supposed to be the conglomerate of all meta-models, and I would more like to see it somewhere in that direction. However, indeed, there should be a separate entity, only it would be great if we would find a name for it :).
>

> For me
> MooseCore
>    FamixEntity

MooseEntity

>    Model
>    Group
>    Import

The Smalltalk import should go closer to Famix, not to the generic Moose.

The MSE import is dealt with by Fame.

>    Save
>

> Famix is another.

Yes, but I just would prefer to find a name for MooseCore, because this is not what the essence of Moose is. It’s only the modeling part, and this is no longer the main part.

Cheers,
Doru

>> What is certainly a goal is to have a ConfigurationOfMoose that only depends on other configurations (i.e., is a pure assembly).
> yes
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>>> why?

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

Peter Uhnak
Yes, I would also like separate configurations, or at least groups…

right now I do this monstrosity…

baseline: spec
<baseline>
spec
for: #common
do: [
spec
project: 'Fame'
with: [ spec
className: #ConfigurationOfFame;
versionString: #development;
package: 'CollectionExtensions'
package: 'Moose-Core'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Fame' 'Moose-Query' 'CollectionExtensions') ];
package: 'Famix-Core'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Moose-Core') ];
package: 'Moose-Query'
package: 'Famix-Extensions'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Famix-Core') ];
package: 'Famix-Implementation'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Famix-Core') ].
spec group: 'famix' with: #('Famix-Core' 'Famix-Extensions' 'Famix-Implementation').

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> On May 1, 2016, at 9:32 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It was more of a thought. Moose Core is essentially one package plus the Fame dependency. What I do not like about this is that it does not have a separate identity (MooseCore is just a technical name). Famix was supposed to be the conglomerate of all meta-models, and I would more like to see it somewhere in that direction. However, indeed, there should be a separate entity, only it would be great if we would find a name for it :).
>

> For me
> MooseCore
>    FamixEntity

MooseEntity

>    Model
>    Group
>    Import

The Smalltalk import should go closer to Famix, not to the generic Moose.

The MSE import is dealt with by Fame.

>    Save
>

> Famix is another.

Yes, but I just would prefer to find a name for MooseCore, because this is not what the essence of Moose is. It’s only the modeling part, and this is no longer the main part.

Cheers,
Doru

>> What is certainly a goal is to have a ConfigurationOfMoose that only depends on other configurations (i.e., is a pure assembly).
> yes
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>>> why?

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

stepharo

Good starting point :)

Le 1/5/16 à 23:21, Peter Uhnák a écrit :
Yes, I would also like separate configurations, or at least groups…

right now I do this monstrosity…

baseline: spec
<baseline>
spec
for: #common
do: [
spec
project: 'Fame'
with: [ spec
className: #ConfigurationOfFame;
versionString: #development;
package: 'CollectionExtensions'
package: 'Moose-Core'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Fame' 'Moose-Query' 'CollectionExtensions') ];
package: 'Famix-Core'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Moose-Core') ];
package: 'Moose-Query'
package: 'Famix-Extensions'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Famix-Core') ];
package: 'Famix-Implementation'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Famix-Core') ].
spec group: 'famix' with: #('Famix-Core' 'Famix-Extensions' 'Famix-Implementation').

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> On May 1, 2016, at 9:32 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It was more of a thought. Moose Core is essentially one package plus the Fame dependency. What I do not like about this is that it does not have a separate identity (MooseCore is just a technical name). Famix was supposed to be the conglomerate of all meta-models, and I would more like to see it somewhere in that direction. However, indeed, there should be a separate entity, only it would be great if we would find a name for it :).
>

> For me
> MooseCore
>    FamixEntity

MooseEntity

>    Model
>    Group
>    Import

The Smalltalk import should go closer to Famix, not to the generic Moose.

The MSE import is dealt with by Fame.

>    Save
>

> Famix is another.

Yes, but I just would prefer to find a name for MooseCore, because this is not what the essence of Moose is. It’s only the modeling part, and this is no longer the main part.

Cheers,
Doru

>> What is certainly a goal is to have a ConfigurationOfMoose that only depends on other configurations (i.e., is a pure assembly).
> yes
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>>> why?

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't."

Re: release in about 2 weeks

Stephan Eggermont-3
ATM that works better as a group than a separate configuration.
It is unlikely to change independently from changes to Moose,
That is, untill we start reimplementing Famix

Stephan

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 1 mei 2016 om 23:21 heeft Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

Yes, I would also like separate configurations, or at least groups…

right now I do this monstrosity…

baseline: spec
<baseline>
spec
for: #common
do: [
spec
project: 'Fame'
with: [ spec
className: #ConfigurationOfFame;
versionString: #development;
package: 'CollectionExtensions'
package: 'Moose-Core'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Fame' 'Moose-Query' 'CollectionExtensions') ];
package: 'Famix-Core'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Moose-Core') ];
package: 'Moose-Query'
package: 'Famix-Extensions'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Famix-Core') ];
package: 'Famix-Implementation'
with: [ spec
requires: #('Famix-Core') ].
spec group: 'famix' with: #('Famix-Core' 'Famix-Extensions' 'Famix-Implementation').

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> On May 1, 2016, at 9:32 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It was more of a thought. Moose Core is essentially one package plus the Fame dependency. What I do not like about this is that it does not have a separate identity (MooseCore is just a technical name). Famix was supposed to be the conglomerate of all meta-models, and I would more like to see it somewhere in that direction. However, indeed, there should be a separate entity, only it would be great if we would find a name for it :).
>

> For me
> MooseCore
>    FamixEntity

MooseEntity