release progress

Chris Muller-3
Now that we're in a feature freeze, we can focus on the essentials of
getting the release out but we need to get up-to-date Cog and Spur
images made and accessible.  So what is the final answer regarding
"keep local" or "keep remote" when updating Spur image?  Eliot, is
this a a good time to upload another Spur image to mirandabanda?

Re: release progress

Eliot Miranda-2

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now that we're in a feature freeze, we can focus on the essentials of
getting the release out but we need to get up-to-date Cog and Spur
images made and accessible.  So what is the final answer regarding
"keep local" or "keep remote" when updating Spur image?  Eliot, is
this a a good time to upload another Spur image to mirandabanda?

Yes.  I'll be checking that the image updates correctly as soon as possible.  But it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.  I've a few essential tasks to do before that.  I will also try and make a 64-bit image available, and a 64-bit linux Stack VM.  Just for people to play with; it's in no way supported, but is usable.
--
best,
Eliot

Re: release progress

Karl Ramberg
How about:

Keep local
Install remote

Karl

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now that we're in a feature freeze, we can focus on the essentials of
getting the release out but we need to get up-to-date Cog and Spur
images made and accessible.  So what is the final answer regarding
"keep local" or "keep remote" when updating Spur image?  Eliot, is
this a a good time to upload another Spur image to mirandabanda?

Re: release progress

CdAB63
On 13-05-2015 15:24, Eliot Miranda wrote:

Yes.  I'll be checking that the image updates correctly as soon as possible.  But it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.  I've a few essential tasks to do before that.  I will also try and make a 64-bit image available, and a 64-bit linux Stack VM.  Just for people to play with; it's in no way supported, but is usable.
Last 64-bit VM & 64-bit image could update from trunk. Just don't know if it's reasonable to do so.
Last 64-bit image + VM fail when: Compiler recompileAll.
--
best,
Eliot

--
The information contained in this message is confidential and intended to the recipients specified in the headers. If you received this message by error, notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copy or alteration of this message are strictly forbidden and subjected to civil and criminal sanctions.

==

This email may be signed using PGP key ID: 7D939F81

Re: release progress

Bert Freudenberg
On 13.05.2015, at 20:25, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

How about:

Keep local
Install remote

Hmm I like that.

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: release progress

Chris Muller-3
I liked your "Skip" and "Load" even better, but I wasn't asking about
the button labels, I'm trying to ask how to properly build a Spur
image..

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 13.05.2015, at 20:25, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> How about:
>
> Keep local
> Install remote
>

> Hmm I like that.
>
> - Bert -

cbc

Re: release progress

cbc
or "Apply Changes" and "Ignore Changes" (or skip).

And someday (probably not part of this release) add symbols somewhere like + and - to indicate what is being added, and what is being removed.  I cannot keep the colors straight to decipher what is happening - often requiring me to open up a current view of the method to decide what is being proposed.

But maybe that's just me.
-cbc

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
I liked your "Skip" and "Load" even better, but I wasn't asking about
the button labels, I'm trying to ask how to properly build a Spur
image..

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 13.05.2015, at 20:25, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> How about:
>
> Keep local
> Install remote
>

> Hmm I like that.
>
> - Bert -

Re: release progress

Tobias Pape

On 14.05.2015, at 20:46, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> or "Apply Changes" and "Ignore Changes" (or skip).
>
> And someday (probably not part of this release) add symbols somewhere like + and - to indicate what is being added, and what is being removed.  I cannot keep the colors straight to decipher what is happening - often requiring me to open up a current view of the method to decide what is being proposed.

We had some Students working on the merging stuff in the last years.
We'll review the stuff and probably contribute it to trunk.
Stay tuned :)

Best regards
        -Tobias

> But maybe that's just me.
> -cbc
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I liked your "Skip" and "Load" even better, but I wasn't asking about
> the button labels, I'm trying to ask how to properly build a Spur
> image..
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 13.05.2015, at 20:25, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > How about:
> >
> > Keep local
> > Install remote
> >

> > Hmm I like that.
> >
> > - Bert -

Re: release progress

Herbert König

Am 14.05.2015 um 20:46 schrieb Chris Cunningham:

> And someday (probably not part of this release) add symbols somewhere
> like + and - to indicate what is being added, and what is being
> removed.  I cannot keep the colors straight to decipher what is
> happening - often requiring me to open up a current view of the method
> to decide what is being proposed.
>
> But maybe that's just me.
> -cbc

Me too (in best AOL tradition) but that's exactly what I regularly do.

Cheers,

Herbert