releasing 4.7

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.

The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub, and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose version even if it only contains minor changes.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: releasing 4.7

Nicolas Anquetil

On 01/23/2013 07:37 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.
>
> The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub, and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose version even if it only contains minor changes.
yes!
this will be a good thing as there are good things in pharo 2.0

nicolas

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

Re: releasing 4.7

Ben Coman
Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> On 01/23/2013 07:37 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as
>> we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.
>>
>> The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub,
>> and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as
>> Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose
>> version even if it only contains minor changes.
> yes!
> this will be a good thing as there are good things in pharo 2.0
>
> nicolas
>> Cheers
I think that separating releases for new features and under-the-hood
changes is a good thing.

Re: releasing 4.7

abergel
+1

Alexandre

On Jan 23, 2013, at 3:39 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/23/2013 07:37 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.
>>
>> The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub, and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose version even if it only contains minor changes.
> yes!
> this will be a good thing as there are good things in pharo 2.0
>
> nicolas
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

> Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: releasing 4.7

Doru
why the bug in PharoTaskForces is a problem (which I solved by the way - look at 7311) and try it on 1.4. I did it for 2.0.
I do not see why you need to look at file by hand in the pharo taskforces to release moose.

> There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.
>
> The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub, and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose version even if it only contains minor changes.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: releasing 4.7

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Stef,

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

I do not need to look at the file by hand. It's just that Monticello crashes when I try to build the image because of the problem :).

Cheers,
Doru

On Jan 24, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doru
> why the bug in PharoTaskForces is a problem (which I solved by the way - look at 7311) and try it on 1.4. I did it for 2.0.
> I do not see why you need to look at file by hand in the pharo taskforces to release moose.
>
> Stef
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.
>>
>> The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub, and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose version even if it only contains minor changes.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

www.tudorgirba.com

"When people care, great things can happen."

Re: releasing 4.7

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 24, 2013, at 3:44 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> Thanks a lot for looking into this.
>
> I do not need to look at the file by hand. It's just that Monticello crashes when I try to build the image because of the problem :).

Can you show me how it crashes. Because I only fixed the refresh code in the Monticello inspector but it means that we will have the same
problem somewhere else and I can fix it.

> Doru
>

> On Jan 24, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Doru
>> why the bug in PharoTaskForces is a problem (which I solved by the way - look at 7311) and try it on 1.4. I did it for 2.0.
>> I do not see why you need to look at file by hand in the pharo taskforces to release moose.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is not much point in postponing the release of 4.7. As soon as we solve the squeaksource problem of PharoTaskForces, I will release it.
>>>
>>> The next step is to move to Pharo 2.0, move all code to SmalltlakHub, and reorganize the configurations in the process. And, as soon as Pharo 2.0 gets released, I would like to release another Moose version even if it only contains minor changes.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "When people care, great things can happen."

Re: releasing 4.7

Stéphane Ducasse
Apparently I should enhance

readableFileNames

readableFileNames
        | all cached new |
        all := self allFileNames. "from repository"
        cached := self cachedFileNames. "in memory"
        new := all difference: cached.
        ^ (cached asArray, new)
                select: [:ea | self canReadFileNamed: ea]

so remove shitty and broken file I will hack something for now.

On Jan 24, 2013, at 11:25 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2013, at 3:44 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for looking into this.
>>
>> I do not need to look at the file by hand. It's just that Monticello crashes when I try to build the image because of the problem :).
>
> Can you show me how it crashes. Because I only fixed the refresh code in the Monticello inspector but it means that we will have the same
> problem somewhere else and I can fix it.
>
> Stef
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Jan 24, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Doru
>>> why the bug in PharoTaskForces is a problem (which I solved by the way - look at 7311) and try it on 1.4. I did it for 2.0.
>>> I do not see why you need to look at file by hand in the pharo taskforces to release moose.
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "When people care, great things can happen."

Re: releasing 4.7

Stéphane Ducasse
doru I submitted a new slice for the problem.
It should fix the problem can you check?