releasing the configuration

Tudor Girba
Hi Alex,

I know that you worked on the tool support for versioning Metacello configurations.

Could you describe it a bit? Does it support nested configurations as well?

We would need this mechanism at least for the release. It would be great to get your help on this :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: releasing the configuration

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Doru,

> I know that you worked on the tool support for versioning Metacello configurations.

Yes. I solely use MetacelloBrowser (instead of Monticello) to manage the version of Mondrian.
This experiment as a testbed before I use it for Moose.

> Could you describe it a bit? Does it support nested configurations as well?

Before the MetacelloToolbox was released, I had my own salsa and it worked quite well. I switched to the toolbox recently, and experienced some problems, which were neither easy to reproduce nor write test that exhibit them. I will try again with the new version of Metacello. Maybe the situation has improved.

Nested configurations are not really supported now. However, this should not be a big problem to add.

MetacelloBrowser is essentially a GUI for Metacello and its toolbox. We should get rid of the Monticello browser. It is too low level (saving packages instead generating a software version).

> We would need this mechanism at least for the release. It would be great to get your help on this :)

Yes. This is my plan.

Cheers,
Alexandre

NB: I still currently do not have Phd Student. I am therefore slow on many important things, including Moose and Mondrian. I hope the situation will soon improve.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu