removing class instead of method

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

from time to time I get my class removed instead of a method.
Is there a menu entry allowing to do that on the **method** menu items.
Because this is really annoying.

Re: removing class instead of method

Lukas Renggli
> from time to time I get my class removed instead of a method.
> Is there a menu entry allowing to do that on the **method** menu items.
> Because this is really annoying.

Happened to me too.

If you use the refactoring engine there are two distinct menu items:

   refactor class > remove
   refactor method > remove

Lukas

2009/12/5 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>

> Stef

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Dec 5, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> from time to time I get my class removed instead of a method.
>> Is there a menu entry allowing to do that on the **method** menu items.
>> Because this is really annoying.
>
> Happened to me too.
>
> If you use the refactoring engine there are two distinct menu items:
>
>   refactor class > remove
The problem is that I never can remember what I did to get in that bad state.
I would really remove remove class from the method menus.
I hate it!

Stef

>   refactor method > remove
>
> Lukas
>
> 2009/12/5 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi
>>

>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: removing class instead of method

Lukas Renggli
>> If you use the refactoring engine there are two distinct menu items:
>>
>>   refactor class > remove
> The problem is that I never can remember what I did to get in that bad state.
> I would really remove remove class from the method menus.
> I hate it!

It happens to me when I have selected a method, but the focus is on
the class and I press Ctrl+X. It has nothing to do with the
refactoring engine, that has no keyboard shortcut anyway.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: removing class instead of method

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes this is probably this sequence that happened to me too.

stef