removing packages

Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez
Hello everyone:

I downloaded a package called Asteroid and loaded it into my image. It was
a .sar file so i used the install button in file manager and everything
worked ok. Now i want to remove it from the image but i don't know how to
do it. I've tried deleting the changesets and thought and unload option in
monticello context menu: first thing didn't worked, second launched some
kind of error console and I had to close the VM.

Any hint on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Re: removing packages

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 17, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> I downloaded a package called Asteroid and loaded it into my image. It was a .sar file so i used the install button in file manager and everything worked ok. Now i want to remove it from the image but i don't know how to do it.

there is no simple sar unload.

with sar you can just delete the class categories and also have a look at the changesorter to find all the extensions that the code could have created.
Monticello only deals with MCpackages not sar.

> I've tried deleting the changesets and thought and unload option in monticello context menu: first thing didn't worked, second launched some kind of error console and I had to close the VM.

can you provide a step by step description and the log file?