render OpenGL on view

tiboz
At that time I'm working with VisualWorks and the parcel OpenGL. I currently render my OpenGL animations on a window and I would like to render them only on views (and as a term render many OpenGL animations on different views in the same window).
    Has someone ever tried to do it ? and has he succedded ? I tried to render directly on a view or via a pixmap but I have'nt succedded. Have you got some tracks/clues which could help me?

in advance, thank you

Re: render OpenGL on view

askoh
Administrator
Have you tried the parcel OpenGL-Lessons?
Also look at JUN parcel
C:\vw7.9\contributed\Jun

Re: render OpenGL on view

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
If you enable scissors and set the viewport to the absolute bounds of the widget, does that do what you want?

On 4 December 2013 04:14, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you tried the parcel OpenGL-Lessons?
Also look at JUN parcel
C:\vw7.9\contributed\Jun

Re: render OpenGL on view

tiboz
First thank you. Yes I load the parcel OpenGL-Lessons too, it show how to render on a window and  create many animations controlled by keyboard. I would like to separate my window in two views. Render for example on the first one an OPenGL animations and write something on the second one or add buttons.

I knew Jun but I never use it because when I have loaded this parcel on my image I could not render anymore any OpenGL animations. I had the error message : message not understood : #. I admit that I haven't really search why. I will work on now :) . What are the possibilites offer with Jun for OpenGL ?

Re: render OpenGL on view

tiboz
Thank you for the scissor box idea I didn't know. I've discovered a new OpenGL function. I worked with a simple viewport. I've tried scissor_test and I'm not satisfied with the results yet. I can draw in defined part of the window but the black background recover all the window and I don't want it. I'm still working on.

Re: render OpenGL on view

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
The black is the clear color setting, which you can change. You could set it to be the background colour of the window instead.

On 4 Dec 2013, at 7:55 pm, tiboz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the scissor box idea I didn't know. I've discovered a new
> OpenGL function. I worked with a simple viewport. I've tried scissor_test
> and I'm not satisfied with the results yet. I can draw in defined part of
> the window but the black background recover all the window and I don't want
> it. I'm still working on.

Re: render OpenGL on view

tiboz
Yes, I already modify the default background in initializeSetting with the function ClearColor:with:with:with:  I've tried to change it to be able to see something behind OpenGL (through the transparent OpenGL background, by putting alpha to 0) but I have the feeling that the last parameter has no effect.

Re: render OpenGL on view

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
The window has to be created with an alpha channel for the alpha value to have an affect. VisualWorks windows are not created with an alpha channel with our primitives, since our graphics primitives are currently alpha unaware. We intend to change this in the future, but for now you’ll want to resolve the coverage value of the widget background colour to a real colour value, then set the clear colour to that.

Cheers,
Michael