request for the new merge tool :)

12

Re: request for the new merge tool :)

Gary Chambers-4
As far as I can tell, the history/changes still shows the differences
between the selected versions and not the image.

Regards, Gary

Re: request for the new merge tool :)

Gary Chambers-4
Would be great to decide on the UI we want then make MC play ball...

Regards, Gary

On Sep 8, 2009, at 5:19 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the history/changes still shows the differences
> between the selected versions and not the image.

I'm not sure in fact :)

> Regards, Gary

Gary having the install code is really important.

> Would be great to decide on the UI we want then make MC play ball...
>
> Regards, Gary

Install code?

Just pointing out that we should all-together decide how we want MC to
interact with the user then decide you to get MC to support that... maybe
MC1.0/1.5/2.0 who knows.

There are clearly different needs fo all of us. Just trying to get things
pinned down (somewhat) before moving things along.

Regards, Gary

Gary having the install code is really important.

> Would be great to decide on the UI we want then make MC play ball...
>
> Regards, Gary

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 8, 2009, at 6:53 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Install code?

No install menu :)
Gary in the old merge tool you can select a change and install it
bringing the menu on the item
This is important since we can chose what we want to install or not.
So the behavior is there since it is working with the old one.

Stef

> Just pointing out that we should all-together decide how we want MC to
> interact with the user then decide you to get MC to support that...
> maybe
> MC1.0/1.5/2.0 who knows.
>
> There are clearly different needs fo all of us. Just trying to get
> things
> pinned down (somewhat) before moving things along.
>
> Regards, Gary

Yes, I see for "pick-and-mix".
That kind of bypasses the merge, as such.

I'd suggest that the MC model could be revised to allow such operations.
Or, I can just add another menu choice like the old tools...

Regards, Gary

On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Yes, I see for "pick-and-mix".
> That kind of bypasses the merge, as such.
>
> I'd suggest that the MC model could be revised to allow such
> operations.
> Or, I can just add another menu choice like the old tools...

for now a menu would be great!

Stef

> Regards, Gary

No problem.
Will stick in the new release, when done!

You may have noticed we are a bit busy (Polymorph improvements included).
Can't say more than that at the moment.

Regards, Gary

On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Yes, I see for "pick-and-mix".
> That kind of bypasses the merge, as such.
>
> I'd suggest that the MC model could be revised to allow such
> operations.
> Or, I can just add another menu choice like the old tools...

for now a menu would be great!

Stef

> Regards, Gary

12