resizable nodes in roassal or mondrian

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hi,
I would like to create a visualization with resizable nodes (with resizable I mean that I can click and drag a border to change the size of the node). Is this possible in Roassal or Mondrian?

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Re: resizable nodes in roassal or mondrian

abergel
Neither Roassal or Mondrian support this.

I will probably try to add this to Roassal in the future.
However, in the meantime, Roassal allows you to change the size of the node in many different ways.
You can click on a node and make it grow. You can add new nodes inside. You can zoom into it (check "ROExample new zooming").

Let's try to think about a convenient alternative to what you would like to have.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Jun 19, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to create a visualization with resizable nodes (with resizable I mean that I can click and drag a border to change the size of the node). Is this possible in Roassal or Mondrian?
>
> Cheers,
> Fabrizio

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: resizable nodes in roassal or mondrian

BTW way igor did a little morph on top of athens that simulates the growth of icons as in the mac dock when using maximize.
Why do I say that?
Because igor did athens, spent a couple of week fighting with cake to make sure that we can get cairo linked well.
Now if we do not use athens it will not get out because other stuff are pressing.

Stef

On Jun 19, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to create a visualization with resizable nodes (with resizable I mean that I can click and drag a border to change the size of the node). Is this possible in Roassal or Mondrian?
>
> Cheers,
> Fabrizio

Re: resizable nodes in roassal or mondrian

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Stef,

The only thing that keeps Athens away from Moose right now is this
little effort of supporting StrikeFonts so that we can transition to
the new API. We are waiting for Igor on this.

Afterwards, we can just transition to use the new API, and thus we
will be ready to switch the VM and work with Cairo.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> BTW way igor did a little morph on top of athens that simulates the growth of icons as in the mac dock when using maximize.
> Why do I say that?
> Because igor did athens, spent a couple of week fighting with cake to make sure that we can get cairo linked well.
> Now if we do not use athens it will not get out because other stuff are pressing.
>
> Stef
>

> On Jun 19, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Fabrizio Perin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to create a visualization with resizable nodes (with resizable I mean that I can click and drag a border to change the size of the node). Is this possible in Roassal or Mondrian?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Fabrizio

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: resizable nodes in roassal or mondrian

Stéphane Ducasse

> Hi Stef,
>
> The only thing that keeps Athens away from Moose right now is this
> little effort of supporting StrikeFonts so that we can transition to
> the new API. We are waiting for Igor on this.

excellent. Ping him.
Igor was preparing an exam for a permanent job (but it was all in french :( and we could not do much about it.).

> Afterwards, we can just transition to use the new API, and thus we
> will be ready to switch the VM and work with Cairo.

Cool

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> BTW way igor did a little morph on top of athens that simulates the growth of icons as in the mac dock when using maximize.
>> Why do I say that?
>> Because igor did athens, spent a couple of week fighting with cake to make sure that we can get cairo linked well.
>> Now if we do not use athens it will not get out because other stuff are pressing.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> On Jun 19, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Fabrizio Perin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to create a visualization with resizable nodes (with resizable I mean that I can click and drag a border to change the size of the node). Is this possible in Roassal or Mondrian?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Fabrizio