restoreFromBackup: quitting my bash script?

restoreFromBackup: quitting my bash script?

GLASS mailing list
Hi guys,

I don't know what is going on, but I have a bash script and it looks like the topaz that performs the restoreFromBackup is quitting my bash!

echo "`date` Restorying from backup: $2 " >> $GEMSTONE_LOGDIR/${GEMSTONE_NAME}_extentCompact.log
$GS_HOME/bin/startTopaz $stoneName -l <<EOF
set user DataCurator pass swordfish
login
begin
run
SystemRepository restoreFromBackup: '$backupFile'
%
EOF

echo "something"

When you run that I get on console:

[06/27/2017 09:00:35.887 EDT]
  gci login: currSession 1  linked session
successful login
ERROR 2710 , a Error occurred (error 2710), Globals at: #IcuLibraryVersion = 54.1 ; does not match loaded library = 51.2 (Error)
topaz 1> begin
topaz 1> run
SystemRepository restoreFromBackup: 'xxx.dbf.gz'
%
finshed restore commitRestore
--- 06/27/2017 09:00:46.559 EDT Logging out
The restore from backup completed, with 4776761 objects restored.
 Ready for restore from transaction log(s).
Error on or near line 64 :: startTopaz xxxxx_331 -l :: startTopaz xxxxx_331 -l
Error on or near line 100 :: compactExtent xxx.dbf.gz xxxxx_331 :: compactExtent xxx.dbf.gz xxxxx_331

As you can see the "something" is not printed. The `startTopaz` is quitting my bash. I am almost sure this was not the case before...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Re: restoreFromBackup: quitting my bash script?

GLASS mailing list
Hi! Mariano.

I had the same issue with GemStone 3.3.3,

See answer from Lisa.

There are several options, which are described in a bugnote:
https://gemtalksystems.com/data/bugnotes/46811.html

The easiest option is to set the environment variable
$GS_LIB_ICU_BYPASS, which bypasses the version check only for
SystemUser. Then login and perform your restore as SystemUser.

For 3.4, the Icu library version handling is being simplified.

Regards
Lisa Almarode

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think that Gerhard is correct about the IcuLibraryVersion... the "killing bash" bit happens because all of the bash scripts are setup to exit if one of the processes exits with a non-zero error code and if the errorCount within topaz is non-zero then topaz will exit with a non-error code ...

So the ICU error bumps the topaz errorCount and when the topaz exits all of the scripts exit with non-zero error codes ...

Dale

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi! Mariano.

I had the same issue with GemStone 3.3.3,

See answer from Lisa.

There are several options, which are described in a bugnote:
https://gemtalksystems.com/data/bugnotes/46811.html

The easiest option is to set the environment variable
$GS_LIB_ICU_BYPASS, which bypasses the version check only for
SystemUser. Then login and perform your restore as SystemUser.

For 3.4, the Icu library version handling is being simplified.

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for your answer.  That did fix my problem too.