restoring a deleted method

Siemen Baader
Hi,

according to Pharo By Example [1], I should be able to retrieve a deleted method in the Change Sorter by right-clicking it and browsing old versions. However, I get the message 'Sorry, only actual methods have retrievable versions'.

Is this a bug, and is there a workaround?

best,
Siemen

Re: restoring a deleted method

Peter Uhnak
I don't know about Change Sorter because I've never used it, but you should still be able to find & recover the method through "Recover lost changes"/Changes Browser tool.

Or grep the *.changes file.

Peter

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Siemen Baader <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

according to Pharo By Example [1], I should be able to retrieve a deleted method in the Change Sorter by right-clicking it and browsing old versions. However, I get the message 'Sorry, only actual methods have retrievable versions'.

Is this a bug, and is there a workaround?

best,
Siemen

Re: restoring a deleted method

stepharo
It is not really working well in latest Pharo because we have a brand
new tool ready but we could not add it nicely to pharo 50.

Le 24/4/16 à 14:40, Siemen Baader a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> according to Pharo By Example [1], I should be able to retrieve a
> deleted method in the Change Sorter by right-clicking it and browsing
> old versions. However, I get the message 'Sorry, only actual methods
> have retrievable versions'.
>
> Is this a bug, and is there a workaround?
>
> best,
> Siemen
>
> 1: http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/PBE1/PBE1ch7.html

Re: restoring a deleted method

Nicolai Hess-3-2

according to Pharo By Example [1], I should be able to retrieve a deleted method in the Change Sorter by right-clicking it and browsing old versions. However, I get the message 'Sorry, only actual methods have retrievable versions'.

This should work in Pharo 5.0

Is this a bug, and is there a workaround?

best,
Siemen

Re: restoring a deleted method

Siemen Baader
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

This should work in Pharo 5.0

Thanks. I'll look forward to that then :)

-- Siemen