retracting the whitespace theme for now

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I have removed the Whitespace Theme from the default setup of Moose and Glamorous Toolkit.

Here are the reasons:
- The theme is judged through the point of view of Nautilus. It is true that Nautilus does not look good. This is rather unfortunate given that it seems to be irrelevant that Nautilus does not good regardless of the theme, but that is life and I want to move on.
- The recent negative discourses mixed concerns about GT with the one about the theme. While I still consider theme-ing a relevant topic, GT is an order of magnitude more important and I would like to keep the discussion clean to help us focus on what is important.

At the moment, this means that the Pharo theme will be used. This will change as soon as another theme will work with Nautilus, or until we have a replacement coding experience.

I hope we can go forward with a constructive mindset again.

Cheers,
Tudor

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: retracting the whitespace theme for now

stepharo
Tx.

I do not like the pharo grey theme but I can see the dropbox.
Now can you also make sure that GT does not hijack the inspector, workspace?
So that we can decide the tools we want to use.

Stef

On 26/6/14 15:29, Tudor Girba wrote:
[...]

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tx.

You are welcome.

I do not like the pharo grey theme but I can see the dropbox.
Now can you also make sure that GT does not hijack the inspector, workspace?

No :). See my other mail.

So that we can decide the tools we want to use.

The whole point of the registration mechanism in Pharo was precisely conceived to make room for other implementations. In this spirit, you can just install the regular once from the image:
EyeInspector registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools.
SpecDebugger registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools.
Workspace registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools.

I do not understand where is the problem with this. In fact, it is because of the GT tools that we can have a clean separation in the default Pharo tools (they were seriously entangled before) so that we can make sure they are unloadable.

Doru

[...]

Usman Bhatti
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tx.

You are welcome.

I do not like the pharo grey theme but I can see the dropbox.
Now can you also make sure that GT does not hijack the inspector, workspace?

No :). See my other mail.

So that we can decide the tools we want to use.

The whole point of the registration mechanism in Pharo was precisely conceived to make room for other implementations. In this spirit, you can just install the regular once from the image:
EyeInspector registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools.
SpecDebugger registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools.
Workspace registerToolsOn: Smalltalk tools.

Would it be good to provide a menu entry in Moose to reset tools so that people do not inadvertently freeze their image when reseting them manually.

[...]

Uko2

You can just add this to startup script. https://gist.github.com/Uko/7672537#file-tools-st