returning a blank page

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Hi there,

if in the middle of the app for any (valid) reason you want to force it to render 'nothing' (visible), there is a simple way to return a blank page?

sebastian
PD: I don't even need to set headers on it, just the html skeleton very very empty

Re: [Seaside] returning a blank page

SeanTAllen
do nothing in your renderContentOn:

you will get the standard seaside boilerplate and nothing else.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:41 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> if in the middle of the app for any (valid) reason you want to force it to render 'nothing' (visible), there is a simple way to return a blank page?
>
> sebastian
> PD: I don't even need to set headers on it, just the html skeleton very very empty

RE: [Seaside] returning a blank page

Robert Sirois
I use a component called BlankPage in my stuff that renders an iVar called 'content' in a div, which can be useful if I just want to render some text or whatever. It's sort of unneccesary, though. I assign the div an id so I can mess with it with jQuery.

RS

> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:41:35 -0600
> From: sebastian@flowingconcept.com
> To: seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
> Subject: [Seaside] returning a blank page
>
> Hi there,
>
> if in the middle of the app for any (valid) reason you want to force it to render 'nothing' (visible), there is a simple way to return a blank page?
>
> sebastian
> PD: I don't even need to set headers on it, just the html skeleton very very empty

Re: [Seaside] returning a blank page

Bernat Romagosa
I can't try it right now, but I guess a:

self call: WAComponent new

should work as well...

2010/1/21 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>
do nothing in your renderContentOn:

you will get the standard seaside boilerplate and nothing else.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:41 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> if in the middle of the app for any (valid) reason you want to force it to render 'nothing' (visible), there is a simple way to return a blank page?
>
> sebastian
> PD: I don't even need to set headers on it, just the html skeleton very very empty

Re: [Seaside] returning a blank page

Philippe Marschall
2010/1/21  <[hidden email]>:
> Hi there,
>
> if in the middle of the app for any (valid) reason you want to force it to render 'nothing' (visible), there is a simple way to return a blank page?

self session returnResponse: yourEmptyResponse
(Seaside 2.8)

Note this doesn't work on a streaming server.

Cheers
Philippe