reviewing pull request are adding new remotes

reviewing pull request are adding new remotes

Nicolai Hess-3-2
Is it right, that reviewing a pull request will add the others user git repository in my
list of remotes ?
This may make sense if I actually merge the pull into my branch. But if I just want
to see the code, or merge it into the image, do I need that repository in my list of
remotes ?

Re: reviewing pull request are adding new remotes

CyrilFerlicot

On jeu. 31 août 2017 at 02:15, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it right, that reviewing a pull request will add the others user git repository in my
list of remotes ?
This may make sense if I actually merge the pull into my branch. But if I just want
to see the code, or merge it into the image, do I need that repository in my list of
remotes ?

Hi,

When we do a PR it's because we have a repository with code that we want to integrate in another repository.

If another user of the original repository wants to review this code, he needs to reference the fork of the new code's author because this code is not yet in the original repository.

So, if in Pharo you want to see/merge the code of a PR, you need the fork of the author as a remote to be able to fetch/pull the code.

Once the review is finished you can delete this remote if you wish.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu