roassal still loads fuel

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Roassal still loads Fuel in Pharo 2.0, and this makes the package dirty, because it already exists in Pharo.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: roassal still loads fuel

tinchodias
Hi

We didn't announce the new 1.9 version yet (we are very very close). But actually it's available if Roassal want to try it. If ConfigurationOfRoassal would use '1.9' or #stable or #development, then it shouldn't be dirty.

Additionally, the method ROFuelExporter>>exportView:onFileNamed:

can remove the workaround that was needed with Fuel 1.8, and just do:
FLSerializer serialize: view toFileNamed: filename

Hope to help

Martin

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Roassal still loads Fuel in Pharo 2.0, and this makes the package dirty, because it already exists in Pharo.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: roassal still loads fuel

vpena
Hi,

But as far as I understand is better not to load anything as 2.0 includes Fuel, isn't it?

Ok, I'll change to FLSerializer serialize: view toFileNamed: filename

Thanks,
Vanessa.

On 03/15/2013 05:59 AM, Martin Dias wrote:
[...]

Yes, I would say it is better to not use anything, because you actually do not need those details.

@Vanessa: could you take care of creating a new baseline (and pointing #development to it) without Fuel?

Cheers,
Doru

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Vanessa Peña Araya <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: roassal still loads fuel

Tudor Girba-2
No :).

We should just ensure that it does not get loaded in Pharo 2.0 with the Metacello mechanism.

Cheers,
Doru

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
No :).

We should just ensure that it does not get loaded in Pharo 2.0 with the Metacello mechanism.

Well, if you evaluate in latest Pharo 2.0:

Gofer new
squeaksource3: 'Fuel';
configuration;
load.
(ConfigurationOfFuel project version: #stable) load.

the only package installed is ConfigurationOfFuel. Each package of fuel 1.9 default configuration already comes in the image.

Re: roassal still loads fuel

Tudor Girba-2
Roassal loads cleanly and Fuel is not dirty anymore.

Thanks,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com