roassal2 seems to work well now

12

Re: roassal2 seems to work well now

jfabry

> Can you provide a script that crashes it from a fresh Image (including

Sure that’s easy: install LRP from here http://pleiad.cl/LRP and run the first example program on that page. Have a look at the page to see how to do that ;-)

To install you can get the pre-built image from https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/LiveRobotProgramming/

Or:

Gofer it
  smalltalkhubUser: 'jfabry' project: 'LiveRobotProgramming';
  configuration;
  loadDevelopment

Run this code:

(machine esc
        (state tick)
        (state tock)
        (ontime 500 tick -> tock)
        (ontime 500 tock -> tick)
        )

And wait.

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: roassal2 seems to work well now

jfabry

> On Jan 19, 2016, at 10:23, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 19-01-16 13:24, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>> is weird.
>>
>> load and run: crash.
>> load, save&quit, open and run: not crash
>>
>> at least in my environment.
>
> Sounds familiar

Yes that seems the case here too, I have tick and tock moving around the screen for some hours now without any issues. Stef, those are *states*, not robots. Your mail really confused me, I thought you had robot hardware at RMOD !!

May be a garbage collect related issue, as saving triggers a GC, no ?

Stephan, why do you say this sounds familiar?

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: roassal2 seems to work well now

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 20-01-16 17:50, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Stephan, why do you say this sounds familiar?

I've had a crashing bug that I couldn't reproduce after being more
careful in making a change and saving in between too.

Stephan

Re: roassal2 seems to work well now

jfabry

So I guess I was too happy too fast. The image that did not crash, in the end does crash after some time. I used it to do some LRP development and it just died on me with the usual segfault on GrafPort>copyBits :-(

So this still needs to be handled …