roeltyper problem

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I am trying to use RoelTyper, but I encountered subscript out of bounds and empty collection errors. It looks like this problem can be reproduced on 29 classes from Pharo 1.2.1. You can test it using:

classes := Dictionary new.
Object withAllSubclassesDo: [:each |
        [(TypeCollector typeInstvarsOfClass: each )] on: Error do: [:error | classes at: each put: error ]].
classes inspect

I am not knowledgeable enough to dive into this. Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: [Pharo-project] roeltyper problem

Lukas Renggli
It works for me, please try the version here:
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/unsorted

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] roeltyper problem

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Strange that it works for you. I just loaded your version in 1.2.1 and I still get the same problem (actually now I have only 28 classes with problems).

What version of Pharo did you try it in?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: [Pharo-project] roeltyper problem

Lukas Renggli
Indeed, the same here. I didn't read your code and expected to see a debugger.

Ask Frederic Pluquet, I think he added the support for the new blocks.
There seems to be something wrong with the remote temp vectors that is
beyond my scope.

In the meantime you might want to try RBRefactoryTyper. It is much
slower, as it is runs on the AST and thus needs to parse all methods.
I think it is comparable in quality, the code can be understood quite
easily, and it can even type things in collections.

Lukas

On 26 April 2011 22:44, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Strange that it works for you. I just loaded your version in 1.2.1 and I still get the same problem (actually now I have only 28 classes with problems).
>
> What version of Pharo did you try it in?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 26 Apr 2011, at 21:03, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> It works for me, please try the version here:
>> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/unsorted
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 26 April 2011 20:31, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to use RoelTyper, but I encountered subscript out of bounds and empty collection errors. It looks like this problem can be reproduced on 29 classes from Pharo 1.2.1. You can test it using:
>>>
>>> classes := Dictionary new.
>>> Object withAllSubclassesDo: [:each |
>>>        [(TypeCollector typeInstvarsOfClass: each )] on: Error do: [:error | classes at: each put: error ]].
>>> classes inspect
>>>
>>> I am not knowledgeable enough to dive into this. Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Value is always contextual."
>>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] roeltyper problem

Tudor Girba
Hi Frédéric,

It looks like RoelTyper does not work with the latest Pharo. Would you have time to take a look at the problem listed below?

Cheers,
Doru

On 26 Apr 2011, at 23:20, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Indeed, the same here. I didn't read your code and expected to see a debugger.
>
> Ask Frederic Pluquet, I think he added the support for the new blocks.
> There seems to be something wrong with the remote temp vectors that is
> beyond my scope.
>
> In the meantime you might want to try RBRefactoryTyper. It is much
> slower, as it is runs on the AST and thus needs to parse all methods.
> I think it is comparable in quality, the code can be understood quite
> easily, and it can even type things in collections.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 26 April 2011 22:44, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Strange that it works for you. I just loaded your version in 1.2.1 and I still get the same problem (actually now I have only 28 classes with problems).
>>
>> What version of Pharo did you try it in?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 26 Apr 2011, at 21:03, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>>> It works for me, please try the version here:
>>> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/unsorted
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."
>>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."