roslyn2famix - C# importer

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

We are happy to announce roslyn2famix, a C# importer. It is based on Roslyn, and was mainly developed by George Ganea. It is released under Apache 2.0, the same license as Roslyn:
https://github.com/feenkcom/roslyn2famix

The importer has a structure similar to the one of jdt2famix, including a Fame implementation in C#, and FAMIX code generated out of the Moose code. We also have a few CSharp specific entities that are already present in Moose-CSharp.

The importer takes as input a C# solution (.sln), and produces an MSE file that can be loaded in the latest Moose.

Cheers,
The feenk team

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: roslyn2famix - C# importer

CyrilFerlicot
Le 19/05/2018 à 22:18, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Hi,

Hello,

> We are happy to announce roslyn2famix, a C# importer. It is based on Roslyn, and was mainly developed by George Ganea. It is released under Apache 2.0, the same license as Roslyn:
> https://github.com/feenkcom/roslyn2famix

Thank you, this is great!

> The importer has a structure similar to the one of jdt2famix, including a Fame implementation in C#, and FAMIX code generated out of the Moose code. We also have a few CSharp specific entities that are already present in Moose-CSharp.

This part is really cool.

For a time I was planning to write one and this was the path I wanted to
follow. Much more resistant than another parser I found that had no Fame
implementation to regenerate the FAMIX part if needed.

> The importer takes as input a C# solution (.sln), and produces an MSE file that can be loaded in the latest Moose.
>
> Cheers,
> The feenk team
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: roslyn2famix - C# importer

Hi doru

This is cool. We are about the release a first version of Moose based on new traits composition and meta-model builder.
The plan is for end of June with doc. There will be a famix compatible model.
We are brainstorming (and it looks ***really*** promising) to gain space based on slots.
So traits + slots can really make a difference for the size and flexibility of models.

Stef

On 19 May 2018, at 22:18, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

We are happy to announce roslyn2famix, a C# importer. It is based on Roslyn, and was mainly developed by George Ganea. It is released under Apache 2.0, the same license as Roslyn:
https://github.com/feenkcom/roslyn2famix

The importer has a structure similar to the one of jdt2famix, including a Fame implementation in C#, and FAMIX code generated out of the Moose code. We also have a few CSharp specific entities that are already present in Moose-CSharp.

The importer takes as input a C# solution (.sln), and produces an MSE file that can be loaded in the latest Moose.

Cheers,
The feenk team

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: roslyn2famix - C# importer

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

This sounds great. I am very much looking forward to looking at the code :).

Cheers,
Doru

> On May 20, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi doru
>
> This is cool. We are about the release a first version of Moose based on new traits composition and meta-model builder.
> The plan is for end of June with doc. There will be a famix compatible model.
> We are brainstorming (and it looks ***really*** promising) to gain space based on slots.
> So traits + slots can really make a difference for the size and flexibility of models.
>
> Stef
>
>> On 19 May 2018, at 22:18, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are happy to announce roslyn2famix, a C# importer. It is based on Roslyn, and was mainly developed by George Ganea. It is released under Apache 2.0, the same license as Roslyn:
>> https://github.com/feenkcom/roslyn2famix
>>
>> The importer has a structure similar to the one of jdt2famix, including a Fame implementation in C#, and FAMIX code generated out of the Moose code. We also have a few CSharp specific entities that are already present in Moose-CSharp.
>>
>> The importer takes as input a C# solution (.sln), and produces an MSE file that can be loaded in the latest Moose.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> The feenk team
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

> Stéphane Ducasse
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
> http://www.synectique.eu / http://www.pharo.org
> 03 59 35 87 52
> Assistant: Julie Jonas
> FAX 03 59 57 78 50
> TEL 03 59 35 86 16
> S. Ducasse - Inria
> 40, avenue Halley,
> Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
> Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
> France

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"To utilize feedback, you first have to acquire it."

Re: roslyn2famix - C# importer

This sounds great. I am very much looking forward to looking at the code :).

I do not know where it is but pavel knows :)
We are about to create a metamodel for solidity smart contracts

[...]

Johan Fabry
Hi Doru, all,

Excellent news! I am very happy to hear that this exists and that you have made it available like this.

I hope to be able to try it out sometimes, and I am eager to find out how you all made Roslyn do things that I could not 😉

--
Johan Fabry,  Senior Software Engineer.
[hidden email] | Email too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org