rotated SystemWindows no longer working

Chris Muller-4
When showing someone Squeak, one of the classic "wows" has been
rotating a window and showing that it still works -- and explaining
that there's not a line of code in the "application" code to make that
work, its gotten for free from Morphic.

Something since the release has it not work anymore.  It seems that a
drag-and-drop operation is invoked for a regular red click of a
rotated window.  It can be seen by attempting to click a class or
method on a rotated window..

Re: rotated SystemWindows no longer working

Stéphane Rollandin
It works here, in a trunk image at update 16050.

But I noticed that between update 15953 and 16044, something changed and
now selecting a method or a class in a rotated browser beeps and sends a
TransferMorph to 0@0 instead of performing the required action.

Re: rotated SystemWindows no longer working

Bert Freudenberg
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
It works here, in a trunk image at update 16050.

But I noticed that between update 15953 and 16044, something changed and now selecting a method or a class in a rotated browser beeps and sends a TransferMorph to 0@0 instead of performing the required action.

Yes. In lists that are drag-enabled the dragging is invoked immediately. My guess is that somehow the event coordinates are not transformed correctly so it detects a drag operation. Perhaps one path is not going through the transformation morph but uses the untransformed coordinates?

- Bert -

Re: rotated SystemWindows no longer working

marcel.taeumel
Chris Muller-4 wrote
When showing someone Squeak, one of the classic "wows" has been
rotating a window and showing that it still works -- and explaining
that there's not a line of code in the "application" code to make that
work, its gotten for free from Morphic.

Something since the release has it not work anymore.  It seems that a
drag-and-drop operation is invoked for a regular red click of a
rotated window.  It can be seen by attempting to click a class or
method on a rotated window..
Plus, collapsing a rotate window has also been broken for some time. It is on my list. :-)

Best,
Marcel

Re: rotated SystemWindows no longer working

Stéphane Rollandin
> It works here, in a trunk image at update 16050.
>
> But I noticed that between update 15953 and 16044, something changed and
> now selecting a method or a class in a rotated browser beeps and sends a
> TransferMorph to 0@0 instead of performing the required action.
>
> Stef

Wow I just realized this report of mine is completely useless, as it
just repeats what Chris said. I should read twice the posts before
responding... sorry for the noise.

Re: rotated SystemWindows no longer working

Chris Muller-3
Heh, well, you did narrow the cause down to a small range of updates.
I didn't see it as redundant.  No worries.