routing with amber..

sergio_101
Hi, all..

I am looking to use amber with a zinc/rest app i am writing now..

i am really new to the idea of doing everything with javascript on the front end, so i may be worried about nothing.. but will it be possible to maintain the url for pages on my site using amber?

for instance, a path like /about /news /category/<lookup name>

could resolve quickly to a page that could be indexed?

thanks!

Re: routing with amber..

philippeback

Ajax apps usually keep the url and use the slug: #xyz

And the history api.

Amber can handle those.

Do you really want to index a dynamic app?

Or just keep a place for the app?

HTH

Phil

Le 11 août 2015 20:00, "sergio_101" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi, all..

I am looking to use amber with a zinc/rest app i am writing now..

i am really new to the idea of doing everything with javascript on the front end, so i may be worried about nothing.. but will it be possible to maintain the url for pages on my site using amber?

for instance, a path like /about /news /category/<lookup name>

could resolve quickly to a page that could be indexed?

thanks!

Re: routing with amber..

sergio_101
since i will just be sending requests to my pharo/zinc/rest server.. this part will be the 'face' of the application.. a place to host the project for the outside world to see..

there is also a mobile app that will be accessing the server.. constantly..

the web front end will need to have specific endpoints that can be passed around and indexed by google..

thanks!