rsique of forking commitUnitOfWork

Maarten Mostert
Hi,

This particular operation in my Gui greatly improves the overal speed and user expérience.

[self getGlorpSession commitUnitOfWork]  fork.

There are other areas where my UI could benefit from the above, but before generelising it use I wanted to check what the theoretical risk are.

PostgreSQL and SQLite are not multi-threaded like Oracle so there must be riss in doing this.

Regards,

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis
83400 Hyères, France
+33 676411296

Re: [vwnc] rsique of forking commitUnitOfWork

Maarten Mostert
Hi Tom,

I use one connection.

Regards,

Maarten,

El 30 mar 2016, a las 22:27, Tom Robinson <[hidden email]> escribió:

Are you using more than one connection to the DB? Or just multiple sessions?

--

Tom Robinson
Senior Software Engineer, Cincom Smalltalk

Cincom Systems
55 Merchant Street
Cincinnati, OH 45246

email
skype
website
office

[hidden email]
xzrobinson
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com
513.612.2003

--- CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT ---

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the addressee named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited, please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Re: rsique of forking commitUnitOfWork

Esteban A. Maringolo
SQLite is thread-safe if you use the default "serialized" mode, or compile it to be "multithred".

Dealing with I/O operations outside of the UI thread is always a good practice (in some cases like Android, it is enforced by UI scheduler).
I would add a few exception handling and callbacks, so you know how the commit ended, you can signal something or disable the UI from committing a new UOW in the same session. Altough I think the last case is handled by Glorp itself.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo