rss reader

ching
Hi Seaside,

I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this could be done?

Thanks in advance.

Ching

Re: rss reader

Tom Phoenix
On Jan 11, 2008 12:50 AM, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> could be done?

I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?

    http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix

Re: rss reader

Lukas Renggli
> > I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> > classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> > could be done?
>
> I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html
>
> Hope this helps!

Philippe built one for www.seaside.st. It is used for example on the
frontpage or at:

      http://www.seaside.st/community/weblogs

If I remember correctly it is a Pier component, but presumeably also
work in any other Seaside application. For obvious reasons it is
called TopFeeder and it is available in my repository:

      http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/topfeeder.html

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

ching

On Jan 12, 2008 2:13 AM, Tom Phoenix <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Jan 11, 2008 12:50 AM, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> could be done?

I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?

    http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks Tom, I will take a look at this pronto!

--Tom Phoenix

Re: rss reader

ching
Thanks, Lukas. I will check this out at once!

On Jan 12, 2008 2:31 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> > classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> > could be done?
>
> I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html
>
> Hope this helps!

Philippe built one for www.seaside.st. It is used for example on the
frontpage or at:

      http://www.seaside.st/community/weblogs

If I remember correctly it is a Pier component, but presumeably also
work in any other Seaside application. For obvious reasons it is
called TopFeeder and it is available in my repository:

     http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/topfeeder.html

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

ching
Hi Lukas,

What version should I load?

Thanks,

Ching

On Jan 12, 2008 2:31 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> > classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> > could be done?
>
> I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html
>
> Hope this helps!

Philippe built one for www.seaside.st. It is used for example on the
frontpage or at:

      http://www.seaside.st/community/weblogs

If I remember correctly it is a Pier component, but presumeably also
work in any other Seaside application. For obvious reasons it is
called TopFeeder and it is available in my repository:

     http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/topfeeder.html

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

ching
Hi Lukas,

I tried loading TopFeeder-lr.15.mcz and got this warning that there are dependencies on the following classes:

  ASXmlElementReader
  ASObject
  MAVisitor
  PRWidget
  MATimeStampDescription

Where do I find these classes?

Thanks,

Ching

On Jan 12, 2008 2:31 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> > classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> > could be done?
>
> I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html
>
> Hope this helps!

Philippe built one for www.seaside.st. It is used for example on the
frontpage or at:

      http://www.seaside.st/community/weblogs

If I remember correctly it is a Pier component, but presumeably also
work in any other Seaside application. For obvious reasons it is
called TopFeeder and it is available in my repository:

     http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/topfeeder.html

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

ching
Hi,

I loaded a bew image and loaded Pier which also loaded Kom and Seaside. Next, I loaded Magritte and next proceeded to attempt to load TopFeeder from SqueakSource. I still get the following warnings of missing dependencies:

 ASXmlElementReader
  ASObject

Could anyone tell me where I may find these classes missing from my image?

Thanks,

Ching

On Jan 12, 2008 9:50 AM, Ching de la Serna < [hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Lukas,

I tried loading TopFeeder-lr.15.mcz and got this warning that there are dependencies on the following classes:

  ASXmlElementReader
  ASObject
  MAVisitor
  PRWidget
  MATimeStampDescription

Where do I find these classes?

Thanks,

Ching

On Jan 12, 2008 2:31 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> > classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> > could be done?
>
> I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html
>
> Hope this helps!

Philippe built one for www.seaside.st. It is used for example on the
frontpage or at:

      http://www.seaside.st/community/weblogs

If I remember correctly it is a Pier component, but presumeably also
work in any other Seaside application. For obvious reasons it is
called TopFeeder and it is available in my repository:

     http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/topfeeder.html

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

ching

On Jan 12, 2008 2:31 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to show rss feeds on my site. How do I implement this? What
> > classes are to be used? Is there some code available that will show how this
> > could be done?
>
> I found FluxRSS on SqueakSource. Does that do anything for you?
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/FluxRSS.html
>
> Hope this helps!

Attempting to load FluxRSS from  SqueakSource produces this error message:

'subscript is out of bounds: 0'

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ching

Philippe built one for www.seaside.st. It is used for example on the
frontpage or at:

      http://www.seaside.st/community/weblogs

If I remember correctly it is a Pier component, but presumeably also
work in any other Seaside application. For obvious reasons it is
called TopFeeder and it is available in my repository:

     http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/topfeeder.html

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

Lukas Renggli
>  ASXmlElementReader
>   ASObject

Audioscrobbler from http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/audioscrobbler.html.

And YAXO, the XML parser are also required.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: rss reader

ching
Thanks, Lukas. I just loaded everything without a hitch.

Ching