running Hapao using 60429 image - Pharo dies

running Hapao using 60429 image - Pharo dies

Sheridan Mahoney
Hello,
I was working at loading Hapao into the latest Pharo image, and ran into
a problem.  I started with a brand new download of Pharo 5.0, and got
the latest development image and changes for 6.0 (60429).  I then ran:

Gofer it
smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile' project: 'Spy2';
configurationOf: 'Spy2';
loadStable.

which ran to completion.

I then went to check the tests in the String class, so I ran:

(Hapao2 runTestsForClasses: String withAllSubclasses , StringTest
withAllSubclasses) visualize.

Pharo started running the tests.  Then a message from the operating
system came up saying,

"Pharo.exe has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop
working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available".

I tried this twice, and got the same error message each time.

Is there something I should be doing differently in terms of how I am

Many thanks,

and best regards,

Sheridan

Re: running Hapao using 60429 image - Pharo dies

abergel
Hi Sheridan,

I tried to reproduce the problem you have experienced. I could not see the error you faced. I tried on MacOSX however. Hapao does some method instrumentation, and apparently the Windows VM does not like them.

You can see the result on:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/TMP/CoverageOfString/index.html

You can also download the result from:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/TMP/CoverageOfString/Archive.zip

I do not have a solution for your problem. But I do have a question: do you really need to measure the coverage of String? I am confident that on a less system-critic class Hapao will give you satisfactory result.

On a side note, it is interesting to see that String is covered at only 65%.
There is a StringTest, but no subclasses, while String has many subclasses.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 8:14 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I was working at loading Hapao into the latest Pharo image, and ran into a problem.  I started with a brand new download of Pharo 5.0, and got the latest development image and changes for 6.0 (60429).  I then ran:
>
> Gofer it
> smalltalkhubUser: 'ObjectProfile' project: 'Spy2';
> configurationOf: 'Spy2';
> loadStable.
>
> which ran to completion.
>
> I then went to check the tests in the String class, so I ran:
>

> (Hapao2 runTestsForClasses: String withAllSubclasses , StringTest withAllSubclasses) visualize.
>
> Pharo started running the tests.  Then a message from the operating system came up saying,
>
> "Pharo.exe has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".
>
> I tried this twice, and got the same error message each time.
>
> Is there something I should be doing differently in terms of how I am loading and running Hapao?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> and best regards,
>
> Sheridan

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: running Hapao using 60429 image - Pharo dies

Ben Coman

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:14 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Just as a matter of procedure, could you try 60429 with each of these VMs...

cheers -ben