running multiple gemstones

sergio_101
when i run the installGemstone2.4-MacOSX.sh script install gemstone,
it runs fine, and i can start everything up as expected..   the only
thing i notices is that it installs everything into:
/opt/gemstone/<more path here>..

if you follow this down further, it links back the directory where the
installation was performed..

my only concern is.. when i move this to a production environment, i
will be running several gemstones; one for each application.

how will i set this up in the production environment?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: running multiple gemstones

NorbertHartl

Am 28.09.2012 um 15:27 schrieb sergio_101 <[hidden email]>:

when i run the installGemstone2.4-MacOSX.sh script install gemstone,
it runs fine, and i can start everything up as expected..   the only
thing i notices is that it installs everything into:
/opt/gemstone/<more path here>..

if you follow this down further, it links back the directory where the
installation was performed..

my only concern is.. when i move this to a production environment, i
will be running several gemstones; one for each application.

how will i set this up in the production environment?

There are several approaches for that. I myself created some helper scripts that generate a directory skeleton where a stone can live in. So you can have as many stones as you like to have. You can find the scripts here

They are written in sh/bash because I wanted to have no extra dependencies. If you know ruby you might have a look at Ottos stuff at

and there are a few more I forgot.

Norbert

Re: running multiple gemstones

sergio_101