running tests logged?

Igor Stasenko
Hello, is there any way to log results whilie tests are running using
test runner?
My image hungs during one of tests, and i want to discover at which one.
Any hints , where i could hook to write into file entries like:

running TestedClass>>testmerhod .... done (failed/passed etc).

Btw, such files could be useful for exchange.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: running tests logged?

Stéphane Ducasse
may be the extension of keith but not in the dummy version we use.
If I remember paolo extended them in GNUSmalltlk
stef

On May 3, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hello, is there any way to log results whilie tests are running using
> test runner?
> My image hungs during one of tests, and i want to discover at which
> one.
> Any hints , where i could hook to write into file entries like:
>
> running TestedClass>>testmerhod .... done (failed/passed etc).
>
> Btw, such files could be useful for exchange.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: running tests logged?

Nicolas Cellier
Another possibility if you have a debugger is to use printAllStacks() .
Works on linux with gdb at least...

2009/5/3 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>:

> Hello, is there any way to log results whilie tests are running using
> test runner?
> My image hungs during one of tests, and i want to discover at which one.
> Any hints , where i could hook to write into file entries like:
>
> running TestedClass>>testmerhod .... done (failed/passed etc).
>
> Btw, such files could be useful for exchange.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: running tests logged?

Igor Stasenko
I added a temporary hacks to TestCase setUp/tearDown methods.

2009/5/3 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>:

> Another possibility if you have a debugger is to use printAllStacks() .
> Works on linux with gdb at least...
>
> 2009/5/3 Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello, is there any way to log results whilie tests are running using
>> test runner?
>> My image hungs during one of tests, and i want to discover at which one.
>> Any hints , where i could hook to write into file entries like:
>>
>> running TestedClass>>testmerhod .... done (failed/passed etc).
>>
>> Btw, such files could be useful for exchange.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: running tests logged?

Igor Stasenko
I found the test which made my image hung.
Its a LocaleTest>>testIsFontAvailable.

It using socked to download files.

Maybe its because a bug with too many open file handles.. not sure.
I having same problem of image hanging when altering a class
definition, like adding/removing ivar. But it happens after multiple
hours of sitting & working.
If i rerun the image and do very same thing (by recovering changes) it
works w/o problems.
So, i suspecting that this could be because a problem with too many
open file handes.
Do you plan to add a test , which covers this problem?

I want to find a way to reproduce this situation which we met in 10292
and see why image with new scheduler stop responding, and fix that.

Meanwhile i will start using a more recent image, just to see, if this
problem will disappear.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: running tests logged?

Stéphane Ducasse

On May 3, 2009, at 8:46 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> I found the test which made my image hung.
> Its a LocaleTest>>testIsFontAvailable.
>
> It using socked to download files.
>
> Maybe its because a bug with too many open file handles.. not sure.
> I having same problem of image hanging when altering a class
> definition, like adding/removing ivar. But it happens after multiple
> hours of sitting & working.
> If i rerun the image and do very same thing (by recovering changes) it
> works w/o problems.
> So, i suspecting that this could be because a problem with too many
> open file handes.
> Do you plan to add a test , which covers this problem?

would be great

Stef