(sans objet)

p.a.dreyfuss@excite.com
Hi all
The attached change set let you get the fist brush in the paint tool with a width of 1 pixel.

This occurs if you uncheck the preference eToyFriendly.

Regards

ThinBrush.1.cs (2K) Download Attachment

Re: (sans objet)

K K Subbu
On Monday 09 Jan 2012 11:14:42 PM [hidden email] wrote:
> The attached change set let you get the fist brush in the paint tool with a
> width of 1 pixel.
>
> This occurs if you uncheck the preference eToyFriendly.
The patch seems to be for Etoys 3.

Proposed fixes should be for the current 4.x branch. In Etoys 4, brush sizes
are hard-coded in PaintBoxMorph>>initializeBrush. Instead, they should be
computed based on screen DPI so they will work for both XO and desktops. I
will file a tracker issue to collect the fixes.

Etoys will always have EtoysFriendly switched on to encourage young students
and their teachers to explore freely without fear of accidental damage.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: (sans objet)

p.a.dreyfuss@excite.com

You'r right,I have used original etoys 3 installed in my xo.

Exactly etoys3.0 2153

Sorry I'm using most of the time etoys 4  launched from the terminal

But when I have to attach a project, I use etoys 3 which stores project in the journal.
I'll see the 4 version.

Thanks for your remark.
Regards

On Tuesday 10 Jan 2012 3:37:20 PM K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> Proposed fixes should be for the current 4.x branch. In Etoys 4, brush
> sizes  are hard-coded in PaintBoxMorph>>initializeBrush. Instead, they
> should be computed based on screen DPI so they will work for both XO and
> desktops. I will file a tracker issue to collect the fixes.
I have filed a tracker issue SQ-1004 for the same. Existing Etoys users can
drop the attached file into Etoys session to draw thin pencil lines.

Suzanne, could you please drop the attached file into Etoys and let me know if
you are able to paint thin lines with pencil?

Regards .. Subbu

fixbrushlive.st (114 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: (sans objet)

Harness, Kathleen
Hi Subbu,
I am using Squeak 3.11.5(betea) from SEp1 2009 Compiler:gcc 2.95.219991024
It worked for me. I would be in favor of including it either way, as a preference or as the default.
Thanks
Kathleen
On Tuesday 10 Jan 2012 3:37:20 PM K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> Proposed fixes should be for the current 4.x branch. In Etoys 4, brush
> sizes  are hard-coded in PaintBoxMorph>>initializeBrush. Instead, they
> should be computed based on screen DPI so they will work for both XO and
> desktops. I will file a tracker issue to collect the fixes.
I have filed a tracker issue SQ-1004 for the same. Existing Etoys users can
drop the attached file into Etoys session to draw thin pencil lines.

Suzanne, could you please drop the attached file into Etoys and let me know if
you are able to paint thin lines with pencil?

Regards .. Subbu

Re: (sans objet)

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
At Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:37:20 +0530,
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Monday 09 Jan 2012 11:14:42 PM [hidden email] wrote:
> > The attached change set let you get the fist brush in the paint tool with a
> > width of 1 pixel.
> >
> > This occurs if you uncheck the preference eToyFriendly.
> The patch seems to be for Etoys 3.
>
> Proposed fixes should be for the current 4.x branch. In Etoys 4, brush sizes
> are hard-coded in PaintBoxMorph>>initializeBrush. Instead, they should be
> computed based on screen DPI so they will work for both XO and desktops. I
> will file a tracker issue to collect the fixes.

I think it is a good idea to enable 1-pixel wide pen, but I'd just
like to point out that the problem of 1-pixel wide pen on XO was not
(only) the DPI, but the color scheme of the display.  The color of a
line drawn by 1-pixel wide pen appears to change in a very interesting
way.  So, solely depending on the DPI would not do it.

-- Yoshiki

Re: (sans objet)

K K Subbu
On Wednesday 11 Jan 2012 12:11:11 AM Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to enable 1-pixel wide pen, but I'd just
> like to point out that the problem of 1-pixel wide pen on XO was not
> (only) the DPI, but the color scheme of the display.  The color of a
> line drawn by 1-pixel wide pen appears to change in a very interesting
> way.  So, solely depending on the DPI would not do it.

I am sure many desktop projects would have used 1-pix lines in their sketches.
Should we support editing them on XO too? Shouldn't there be a way to adjust
line appearances on XO to accomodate its triple-pixel dots?

Is there a way to check if the display is on an XO?

Regards .. Subbu