(sans objet)

S Krish
http://www.zdnet.com/dell-xps-13-laptop-the-ubuntu-developer-edition-arrives-7000008059/

I have through last 4 years worked on Ubuntu customizing it for my work.. Never got around to establishing a baseline, I thought of setting up for sharing. Great to hear that Dell has worked on it and brought up a great hardware too to back it.

Will get hold of this laptop...

Can we rig up Pharo on to this ? Pharo already comes inbuilt with MC repo, Unit Test framework , profiling tools etc.. but eventually will need a lot more towards an enterprise grade deliverable, including Git / SVN, Web dev publishing, etc..  Kind of  connected groovier combination of all elements that plays easy to get it going / deliver

Re: (sans objet)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 03 Dec 2012, at 18:33, S Krish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.zdnet.com/dell-xps-13-laptop-the-ubuntu-developer-edition-arrives-7000008059/
>
> I have through last 4 years worked on Ubuntu customizing it for my work.. Never got around to establishing a baseline, I thought of setting up for sharing. Great to hear that Dell has worked on it and brought up a great hardware too to back it.
>
> Will get hold of this laptop...
>
> Can we rig up Pharo on to this ? Pharo already comes inbuilt with MC repo, Unit Test framework , profiling tools etc.. but eventually will need a lot more towards an enterprise grade deliverable, including Git / SVN, Web dev publishing, etc..  Kind of  connected groovier combination of all elements that plays easy to get it going / deliver

MacBookAir 13 is still better for the same money. You can run Ubuntu on that too - I believe that is what Linus himself does.

Sad to see that the XPS13 with Linux is actually more expensive than Windows.

If open source spirit is important, something like www.system76.com and friends seems better.

Anyway, this is seriously off topic ;-)

BTW, Enterprise Pharo Smalltalk should be good on all platforms - it actually already is !

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu