saving a monticello working copy

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Does anyone know a simple way to save a Monticello working copy into the package-cache?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: saving a monticello working copy

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I am reposting the message here in the hope that someone will answer :).

Basically, I need that given a working copy in the image, to copy it in the local package-cache.

Cheers,
Doru

On 12 Feb 2011, at 23:02, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know a simple way to save a Monticello working copy into the package-cache?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: saving a monticello working copy

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Doru,

On 14 Feb 2011, at 12:18, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Basically, I need that given a working copy in the image, to copy it in the local package-cache.

I am not sure I understand.

For each MC package, your image's local package-cache is always one of the possible repositories, so why can't you just save it right there ? And later on copy it to some other repository.

I am sure you know that, so your problem must be something else, no ?

Sven

Re: saving a monticello working copy

Tudor Girba
Hi Sven,

The scenario is like this:
- I have an image in a new folder without any package-cache subfolder
- I want to save programmatically a package from the image working copy to the package-cache folder (without creating a new version if possible)

I need this for a test fixture that needs to ensure that a certain mcz is in the package-cache, but without depending on copying files around.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."