saving canvas content to bitmap

Paolo Montrasi
I am using Dolphin 2.1, I would like to save canvas contents to a bitmap
file but after looking at Canvas and Image classes seems that this is not
available. Do you have any idea of how can I do it?

thanks

Paolo

Re: saving canvas content to bitmap

Bill Schwab
Paolo,

> I am using Dolphin 2.1, I would like to save canvas contents to a bitmap
> file but after looking at Canvas and Image classes seems that this is not
> available. Do you have any idea of how can I do it?

Look on Ian Bartholomew's web site.  I can't promise that he supports saving
bitmaps on 2.1 though.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: saving canvas content to bitmap

Ian Bartholomew-13
Paolo/Bill,

> > I am using Dolphin 2.1, I would like to save canvas contents to a bitmap
> > file but after looking at Canvas and Image classes seems that this is
> > not available. Do you have any idea of how can I do it?
>
> Look on Ian Bartholomew's web site.  I can't promise that he supports
> saving bitmaps on 2.1 though.

My goodies package for Dolphin 2.1 does include a DIBitmap class which
should allow you to save images created using DIBitmap class.  However,
other than that it was the very first version I can't remember much about it
so (a) it might be out of date now and (b) it might not have fully worked
anyway.  I haven't got an installed 2.1 any more so I can't really test it
out.

Blair did also mention in a newsgroup post on 7/1/2001 [1]  that it is
possible to use the OLEPicture/IStream classes to read and write bitmap
files in various formats.  I'm not sure if those classes existed in 2.1 and
I'm also not sure that you can use an OLEPicture in the same way as you can
a Bitmap - for example,  it doesn't seem to allow you to get a Canvas to
draw on.

Regards
    Ian

http://www.iandb.org.uk

[1] That's 7th January for those who haven't learnt to use the right
day/month order yet  !=)

"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Paolo/Bill,
>
> > > I am using Dolphin 2.1, I would like to save canvas contents to a
bitmap
> > > file but after looking at Canvas and Image classes seems that this is
> > > not available. Do you have any idea of how can I do it?
> >
> > Look on Ian Bartholomew's web site.  I can't promise that he supports
> > saving bitmaps on 2.1 though.
>
> My goodies package for Dolphin 2.1 does include a DIBitmap class which
> should allow you to save images created using DIBitmap class.  However,
> other than that it was the very first version I can't remember much about
it
> so (a) it might be out of date now and (b) it might not have fully worked
> anyway.  I haven't got an installed 2.1 any more so I can't really test it
> out.

thanks, I have installed your bitmap editor. I have never used bitmap but I
have grab two tutorials on GDI and Bitmaps, I think your class and the
tutorials are what I was looking for.

> Blair did also mention in a newsgroup post on 7/1/2001 [1]  that it is
> possible to use the OLEPicture/IStream classes to read and write bitmap
> files in various formats.  I'm not sure if those classes existed in 2.1
and
> I'm also not sure that you can use an OLEPicture in the same way as you
can
> a Bitmap - for example,  it doesn't seem to allow you to get a Canvas to
> draw on.

My intent is to draw on a bitmap and then save it to a file, I will use your
goodie

thanks angain

Paolo
(sorry for bad english)