[scona] The list is (finally) up!

Martin McClure-2
Hi all,

The Smalltalk Community of North America mailing list is now live.

Sorry to make you wait until I got back from Barcelona. I made a typo in
initial list setup that caused one of the administrative files to be
missing several needed lines. It should be all working now; let me know
if there are any problems.

Your admin,

-Martin

[scona] Knock Knock Who's there?!

SebastianHC
  Hi Northern American Smalltalkers!

I'm new on this continent and just wan,ted to know if I'm alone on this
brand new list.

My name is Sebastian Heidbrink.
I'm primarily working with VASmalltalk and looking forward getting in
touch with you all soon!

I'm really wondering if there are really any northern american
smalltalkers around, whom are not dedicated to Cincom, Gemstone or
Instantiations.

Martin, you held a very interesting webcast on last year's VASummit, right?

Let's try to establish an even as good and inspirating community as
Europe established past years!
Martin: Thanks for this opportunity!

All the Best!
Sebastian
[|]

Re: [scona] The list is (finally) up!

Randal L. Schwartz

Martin> Hi all,
Martin> The Smalltalk Community of North America mailing list is now live.

Martin> Sorry to make you wait until I got back from Barcelona. I made a typo in
Martin> initial list setup that caused one of the administrative files to be
Martin> missing several needed lines. It should be all working now; let me know
Martin> if there are any problems.

Greetings!  I joined a few days ago... was waiting for some initial
traffic.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: [scona] The list is (finally) up!

Geert Claes
Administrator
Martin McClure-2 wrote
The Smalltalk Community of North America mailing list is now live.
The Scone mailing list is no also available via forum.world.st

Re: Knock Knock Who's there?!

Martin McClure-2
On 09/24/2010 01:23 AM, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:
> Hi Northern American Smalltalkers!
>
> I'm new on this continent and just wan,ted to know if I'm alone on this
> brand new list.

Welcome Sebastian!

You're not alone; the list already had 23 subscribers as of the time I
got it working last night, and two more have subscribed since then.

> I'm really wondering if there are really any northern american
> smalltalkers around, whom are not dedicated to Cincom, Gemstone or
> Instantiations.

NA has an active Smalltalk community, with users and developers of VW,
VA, GemStone, Squeak, Dolphin,...

Personally, I work for GemStone, doing work in VW, VA, and GemStone, but
also have contributed to the Squeak and Pharo projects.

> Martin, you held a very interesting webcast on last year's VASummit, right?

That's right, I did a quick demo of using GemStone for persistence in VA
applications.

> Let's try to establish an even as good and inspirating community as
> Europe established past years!
> Martin: Thanks for this opportunity!

I agree, and you're welcome! My part of setting up the list is the easy
part, now all of you need to have interesting discussions.

Regards,

-Martin

Re: [scona] Knock Knock Who's there?!

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sebastian Heidbrink wrote
I'm really wondering if there are really any northern american
smalltalkers around, whom are not dedicated to Cincom, Gemstone or
Instantiations.
Hi Sebastian (and all),

I gave a presentation on Wednesday in NYC on Squeak/Pharo to ~10 users, so there are a few around!!

Sean
Cheers,
Sean