<script language="smalltalk">

Igor Stasenko
Hello,

i just wanna know, what you thinking about subject?
How easy/hard to integrate smalltalk VM into browsers? It it feasible?
I know, there is (or was) a Squeak browser plugin. But it provides a
functionality like java,
but not like javascript.
While i thinking, that it would be cool to use smalltalk directly in
pages, as javascript.
It could open quite interesting possibilities.

What you think?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: <script language="smalltalk">

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Igor,

>i just wanna know, what you thinking about subject?
>How easy/hard to integrate smalltalk VM into browsers? It it feasible?
>I know, there is (or was) a Squeak browser plugin. But it provides a
>functionality like java, but not like javascript.
>While i thinking, that it would be cool to use smalltalk directly in
>pages, as javascript.
>It could open quite interesting possibilities.
>What you think?

You should take a look at Etoys at: http://www.squeakland.org/.  It has a
plugin that can run Etoys projects in a web browser.  I don't know much
about it but I know it works.  If you download and install Etoys, you will
have the plugin, then you can run Etoys projects from your browser
(Firefox, Chrome and Safari work but for some reason Opera is broken).
There is a sample project right on the main squeakland page that you can
try.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.