<script language="text/smalltalk-amber"> ? </script>

<script language="text/smalltalk-amber"> ? </script>

Amber Milan Eskridge
Hello

What do you think about implementing a method, which walks through all
script nodes, looks if they have the language attribute set to
text/smalltalk-amber (or whatever) and if so, compile and execute
that?

An example:

  <head>
    <script language="text/smalltalk-amber">
      | name |
      name := window prompt: 'What is your name?' suggestedInput: 'Guest'.
      window alert: 'Hello' , String space , name.
    </script>
  </head>
      Greetrings from Amber.

Something like that was diskussed on the Pharo-List some time ago…

Re: <script language="text/smalltalk-amber"> ? </script>

Nicolas Petton
Yeah, that would be cool!

Cheers,
Nico

On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 14:54 +0100, Amber Milan Eskridge wrote:

> Hello
>
> What do you think about implementing a method, which walks through all
> script nodes, looks if they have the language attribute set to
> text/smalltalk-amber (or whatever) and if so, compile and execute
> that?
>
> An example:

>   <head>
>     <script language="text/smalltalk-amber">
>       | name |
>       name := window prompt: 'What is your name?' suggestedInput: 'Guest'.
>       window alert: 'Hello' , String space , name.
>     </script>
>   </head>
>       Greetrings from Amber.
>
> Something like that was diskussed on the Pharo-List some time ago…

Re: <script language="text/smalltalk-amber"> ? </script>

JohnnyT
Wow - that is a super cool idea. I love it!

JohnnyT

On Dec 9, 2011, at 7:05 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Yeah, that would be cool!
>
> Cheers,
> Nico
>
> On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 14:54 +0100, Amber Milan Eskridge wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> What do you think about implementing a method, which walks through all
>> script nodes, looks if they have the language attribute set to
>> text/smalltalk-amber (or whatever) and if so, compile and execute
>> that?
>>
>> An example:

>>  <head>
>>    <script language="text/smalltalk-amber">
>>      | name |
>>      name := window prompt: 'What is your name?' suggestedInput: 'Guest'.
>>      window alert: 'Hello' , String space , name.
>>    </script>
>>  </head>
>>      Greetrings from Amber.
>>
>> Something like that was diskussed on the Pharo-List some time ago…

Re: <script language="text/smalltalk-amber"> ? </script>

Amber Milan Eskridge
I took a few minutes to experiment with:

<script type='text/smalltalk-amber'>
  Hello.
</script>

Typing (jQuery value: 'script[type*=''smalltalk'']') in the workspace gives the corresponding tag.

Using the #doIt code from Workspace, compiling and executing the coresponding source-texts should not really be a problem, I guess.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM, JohnnyT <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wow - that is a super cool idea. I love it!
>
> JohnnyT
>
> On Dec 9, 2011, at 7:05 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that would be cool!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nico
>>
>> On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 14:54 +0100, Amber Milan Eskridge wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> What do you think about implementing a method, which walks through all
>>> script nodes, looks if they have the language attribute set to
>>> text/smalltalk-amber (or whatever) and if so, compile and execute
>>> that?
>>>
>>> An example:

>>>  <head>
>>>    <script language="text/smalltalk-amber">
>>>      | name |
>>>      name := window prompt: 'What is your name?' suggestedInput: 'Guest'.
>>>      window alert: 'Hello' , String space , name.
>>>    </script>
>>>  </head>
>>>      Greetrings from Amber.
>>>
>>> Something like that was diskussed on the Pharo-List some time ago…

Re: <script language="text/smalltalk-amber"> ? </script>

JohnnyT
That's awesome.