scriptaculous and magritte

cbeler
Hi

I was triing to use scriptaculous with component generated by
Magritte... and it's not working.

I used the same code as the select-list example in a subclass of
MASelectListComponent.

When used alone, it works fine (registeredAsApplication +
SUScriptLibrary)... but if I use it as the componentClass of a
MASingleOptionDescription in renderEditorOn:  it doesn't work... (I
added the SUScriptLibrary in the main component that call it ).

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: scriptaculous and magritte

Lukas Renggli-2
> When used alone, it works fine (registeredAsApplication +
> SUScriptLibrary)... but if I use it as the componentClass of a
> MASingleOptionDescription in renderEditorOn:  it doesn't work... (I
> added the SUScriptLibrary in the main component that call it ).

What exactly does not work? The serialization of the drop-down?

> Do you have an idea ?

Can you provide some code? I don't have any idea ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: scriptaculous and magritte

cbeler

>What exactly does not work? The serialization of the drop-down?

euh... the dynamic rendering... serialization ? in the div control
As soon as I registered a component with the code that was in
renderEditorOn: in renderContentOn: (of the new one). It worked !

>Can you provide some code? I don't have any idea ;-)

oups, I think I deleted it...
I'll give another try soon and let you know...

Oh also, are there any ajax stuff that easyly work with magritte
component ? as there is ajaxId in MAComponent and hasScriptaculous but
no senders in my image ;)

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: scriptaculous and magritte

Lukas Renggli-2
> Oh also, are there any ajax stuff that easyly work with magritte
> component ? as there is ajaxId in MAComponent and hasScriptaculous but
> no senders in my image ;)

Currently I have no open-source code that combines Magritte and
script.aculo.us. At netstyle.ch we are combining both frameworks in
some proprietary code, but I guess it wouldn't be easily useable
within a different context. It would definitely require a lot of
additional time to extract the interesting code and this is something
I don't have (master) at all right now :-(

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: scriptaculous and magritte

Ramon Leon-4
> Oh also, are there any ajax stuff that easyly work with magritte
> component ? as there is ajaxId in MAComponent and hasScriptaculous but
> no senders in my image ;)
>
> Thanks
>
> Cédrick

Look for MAStringDescription autoCompleteWith: which takes a list, and
will be used by the MATextInputComponent's renderEditorOn: to hook up
autocomplete if hasScriptaculous returns true.

Re: scriptaculous and magritte

Ramon Leon-4
> oups, I think I deleted it...
> I'll give another try soon and let you know...
>
> Oh also, are there any ajax stuff that easyly work with magritte
> component ? as there is ajaxId in MAComponent and hasScriptaculous but
> no senders in my image ;)
>
> Thanks
>
> Cédrick

Oh, my last was assuming you're using the latest code.