scriptaculous in updateRoot?

Chris Dawson
I noticed when I turned deployment mode to true that the references to the prototype and scriptaculous javascript sources were lost.  What should I add to my application to get these?  Should I put something into #updateRoot?

In other words, I want these:

Thanks,
Chris

Re: scriptaculous in updateRoot?

John Thornborrow
Hi,

In your /seaside/config for your application, have you still got the
file library SULibrary loaded? (sample screen
shot:http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7861/screenshotyr5.png)

HTH,
John.

Chris Dawson wrote:

> I noticed when I turned deployment mode to true that the references to the
> prototype and scriptaculous javascript sources were lost.  What should I add
> to my application to get these?  Should I put something into #updateRoot?
>
> In other words, I want these:
>
> <script src="/seaside/files/SULibrary/prototype.js"></script><script
> src="/seaside/files/SULibrary/scriptaculous.js"></script><script
> src="seaside/files/SULibrary/treePatch.js">
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

John Thornborrow
http://www.pinesoft.co.uk

******************************************************************************************************************************************
This email is from Pinesoft Limited. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient(s) at the email address(es) to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor may it be copied in anyway. If received in error, please contact the sender, then delete it from your system. Although this email and attachments are believed to be free of virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Pinesoft for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof. *******************************************************************************************************************************************

Pinesoft Limited are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA

Re: scriptaculous in updateRoot?

Chris Dawson
I did not, and that fixed it.  Thanks!

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can add this programmatically rather than in the configuration editor.  It looks like the method #addLibrary: in WAApplication is what I want, but how do I get access to the WAApplication object in my session?  I want to do this from topaz under GemStone, so I suppose I need to first find the WAKom object, then get the first instance, then...

Chris

Chris Dawson wrote:
[...]

This can be done when you register the application/entrypoint
programatically.

(MyComponent registerAsApplication: 'name') addLibrary: SULibrary.

Chris Dawson wrote:

> [...]

Pinesoft Limited are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA

Dale
Chris Dawson wrote:

>I did not, and that fixed it.  Thanks!
>
>Now I'm trying to figure out how I can add this programmatically rather
>than in the configuration editor.  It looks like the method #addLibrary:
>in WAApplication is what I want, but how do I get access to the
>WAApplication object in my session?  I want to do this from topaz under
>GemStone, so I suppose I need to first find the WAKom object, then get
>the first instance, then...
>
>Chris
>

>On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:59 AM, John Thornborrow < [hidden email]
><mailto:[hidden email]> > wrote:
>

>Hi,
>
>In your /seaside/config for your application, have you still got the
>file library SULibrary loaded? (sample screen shot:
>http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7861/screenshotyr5.png
><http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7861/screenshotyr5.png> )
>
>HTH,
>John.

Chris,

There is no WAKom in GemStone.

For programmatic access you can get to an application by starting with
'WADispatcher default' and follow the 'entryPoints' to your target
application.

If you do happen to have access to your WASession, then sending
#application to the session should do the trick.

Dale

Re: scriptaculous in updateRoot?

Philippe Marschall
Yes, you can even override #registerAsApplication: on the class side
with something like:

MyRootComponentClass class >> #registerAsApplication: aString
    ^ (super registerAsApplication: aString)
        addLibrary: SULibrary;
        yourself

Cheers
Philippe