scripting SqueakMap now?

Chris Cunnington
 > Installer is a prime example of a potentially community maintained
external package.

OK. That's an interesting idea. I won't argue that. I will argue that in
the main Installer works. The functions you've found errors for don't
work, but I don't think they are used much. A good example of this is
FTP support in FileList. Totally broken. But nobody seems to miss it.
Some things are higher priority than others.

 > Trunk started out with an old version of Installer for no good reason
and has diverged since then.

There are lots of things that happen around here for no good reason.
It's not a conspiracy just a community.

 > A merge of Trunk Installer with the one on squeaksource is needed to
bring Trunk to the latest. A bit of work is needed to bring Trunk up to
the latest state and to get the tests working.

Great. That sounds like a plan. Would you like to be the maintainer for
Installer?

Chris

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Ken G. Brown
At 12:35 PM -0400 5/8/11, Chris Cunnington apparently wrote:

> > Installer is a prime example of a potentially community maintained external package.
>
>OK. That's an interesting idea. I won't argue that. I will argue that in the main Installer works. The functions you've found errors for don't work, but I don't think they are used much. A good example of this is FTP support in FileList. Totally broken. But nobody seems to miss it. Some things are higher priority than others.
>
>> Trunk started out with an old version of Installer for no good reason and has diverged since then.
>
>There are lots of things that happen around here for no good reason. It's not a conspiracy just a community.
>
>> A merge of Trunk Installer with the one on squeaksource is needed to bring Trunk to the latest. A bit of work is needed to bring Trunk up to the latest state and to get the tests working.
>
>Great. That sounds like a plan. Would you like to be the maintainer for Installer?
>
>Chris

Well, I am not a community.

However since I wrote the email, I have just had a look comparing the Installer in Sq 4.3 vs the version of Installer from squeaksource that I was able to Install/merge into 4.2, and a lot of Installer functionality has been summarily turfed lately.
I previously went through the process of trying to bring everything from Installer on squeaksource into 4.2 that I thought was later versions but I didn't really have a good understanding of whether or not I had broken anything. However, I did test the merged Installer by using it for various installs and it seemed to work. I wanted to get the Installer Tests working in order to give an indication of the merged Installer well being, but I ran into roadblocks that I did not get time to resolve. If someone knowledgeable with SUnit could get the tests working, that would be great. I think the Installer Tests require the enhanced SUnit from http://www.squeaksource.com/Testing.html. SUnit is another potential for a community supported external package. It too has diverged significantly from where it could have been.
I kept the merged Installer for 4.2 in a local repo on my hard drive and I am able to load it into 4.3 now by resurrecting MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: which was also deleted.

Loading my local Installer brings back everything that has recently been turfed and would allow the possibility to bring back Sake and Bob the Builder for example and work with them.
The version of Installer on squeaksource was set up for automated builds, logging, etc.

Ken

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Frank Shearar
On 2011/05/08 19:00, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> At 12:35 PM -0400 5/8/11, Chris Cunnington apparently wrote:
>>> Installer is a prime example of a potentially community maintained external package.
>>
>> OK. That's an interesting idea. I won't argue that. I will argue that in the main Installer works. The functions you've found errors for don't work, but I don't think they are used much. A good example of this is FTP support in FileList. Totally broken. But nobody seems to miss it. Some things are higher priority than others.
>>
>>> Trunk started out with an old version of Installer for no good reason and has diverged since then.
>>
>> There are lots of things that happen around here for no good reason. It's not a conspiracy just a community.
>>
>>> A merge of Trunk Installer with the one on squeaksource is needed to bring Trunk to the latest. A bit of work is needed to bring Trunk up to the latest state and to get the tests working.
>>
>> Great. That sounds like a plan. Would you like to be the maintainer for Installer?
>>
>> Chris
>
> Well, I am not a community.
>
> However since I wrote the email, I have just had a look comparing the Installer in Sq 4.3 vs the version of Installer from squeaksource that I was able to Install/merge into 4.2, and a lot of Installer functionality has been summarily turfed lately.
> I previously went through the process of trying to bring everything from Installer on squeaksource into 4.2 that I thought was later versions but I didn't really have a good understanding of whether or not I had broken anything. However, I did test the merged Installer by using it for various installs and it seemed to work. I wanted to get the Installer Tests working in order to give an indication of the merged Installer well being, but I ran into roadblocks that I did not get time to resolve. If someone knowledgeable with SUnit could get the tests working, that would be great. I think the Installer Tests require the enhanced SUnit from http://www.squeaksource.com/Testing.html. SUnit is another potential for a community supported external package. It too has diverged significantly from where it could have been.
> I kept the merged Installer for 4.2 in a local repo on my hard drive and I am able to load it into 4.3 now by resurrecting MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: which was also deleted.
>
> Loading my local Installer brings back everything that has recently been turfed and would allow the possibility to bring back Sake and Bob the Builder for example and work with them.
> The version of Installer on squeaksource was set up for automated builds, logging, etc.

I see Testing refers to SSpec. I too would _love_ to see SSpec
(http://www.squeaksource.com/SSpec.html) resuscitated. It... well, there
are some things that leave me boggling. You'll see in the commit logs me
hacking around.

I've managed to get most tests working again, by implementing
multiselect lists in ToolBuilder-SUnit. I don't have any tests covering
what I've done or I'd have committed it already, but if someone wants to
look over what I've done, I'm happy to submit it to the Inbox.

frank

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Chris Muller-3
Hmm, both of those work for me..

It looks like maybe you need to update your SqueakMap from the net..?

  SMSqueakMap default loadUpdates

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the latest way to script SqueakMap functionality in Sq 4.3 alpha 11393?
>
> For example we used to be able to do:
> (Installer sm package: 'OCompletion'; versions) explore.
> and
> Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.
>
> See <http://installer.pbwiki.com/Installer>
>
> Now
> Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.
> fails with the following:
>
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #releases
> InstallerSqueakMap>>smReleasesForPackage:
> InstallerSqueakMap>>smThing
> [] in InstallerSqueakMap>>basicInstall
> [] in BlockClosure>>valueSupplyingAnswers:
>
> Thx for any insight,
> Ken G. Brown

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Nicolas Cellier
2011/5/8 Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>:

>>> OK. That's an interesting idea. I won't argue that. I will argue that in
>>> the main Installer works. The functions you've found errors for don't work,
>>> but I don't think they are used much. A good example of this is FTP support
>>> in FileList. Totally broken. But nobody seems to miss it. Some things are
>>> higher priority than others.

>>> There are lots of things that happen around here for no good reason. It's
>>> not a conspiracy just a community.

>>> Great. That sounds like a plan. Would you like to be the maintainer for
>>> Installer?
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Well, I am not a community.
>>
>> However since I wrote the email, I have just had a look comparing the
>> Installer in Sq 4.3 vs the version of Installer from squeaksource that I was
>> able to Install/merge into 4.2, and a lot of Installer functionality has
>> been summarily turfed lately.
>> I previously went through the process of trying to bring everything from
>> Installer on squeaksource into 4.2 that I thought was later versions but I
>> didn't really have a good understanding of whether or not I had broken
>> anything. However, I did test the merged Installer by using it for various
>> installs and it seemed to work. I wanted to get the Installer Tests working
>> in order to give an indication of the merged Installer well being, but I ran
>> into roadblocks that I did not get time to resolve. If someone knowledgeable
>> with SUnit could get the tests working, that would be great. I think the
>> Installer Tests require the enhanced SUnit from
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/Testing.html. SUnit is another potential for a
>> community supported external package. It too has diverged significantly from
>> where it could have been.
>> I kept the merged Installer for 4.2 in a local repo on my hard drive and I
>> am able to load it into 4.3 now by resurrecting
>> MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: which was also deleted.

>> turfed and would allow the possibility to bring back Sake and Bob the
>> Builder for example and work with them.
>> The version of Installer on squeaksource was set up for automated builds,
>> logging, etc.
>
> I see Testing refers to SSpec. I too would _love_ to see SSpec
> (http://www.squeaksource.com/SSpec.html) resuscitated. It... well, there are
> some things that leave me boggling. You'll see in the commit logs me hacking
> around.

Very expressive...

Nicolas

> I've managed to get most tests working again, by implementing multiselect
> lists in ToolBuilder-SUnit. I don't have any tests covering what I've done
> or I'd have committed it already, but if someone wants to look over what
> I've done, I'm happy to submit it to the Inbox.
>
> frank

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Frank Shearar
On 2011/05/08 20:34, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> 2011/5/8 Frank Shearar<[hidden email]>:

>>> Well, I am not a community.
>>>
>>> However since I wrote the email, I have just had a look comparing the
>>> Installer in Sq 4.3 vs the version of Installer from squeaksource that I was
>>> able to Install/merge into 4.2, and a lot of Installer functionality has
>>> been summarily turfed lately.
>>> I previously went through the process of trying to bring everything from
>>> Installer on squeaksource into 4.2 that I thought was later versions but I
>>> didn't really have a good understanding of whether or not I had broken
>>> anything. However, I did test the merged Installer by using it for various
>>> installs and it seemed to work. I wanted to get the Installer Tests working
>>> in order to give an indication of the merged Installer well being, but I ran
>>> into roadblocks that I did not get time to resolve. If someone knowledgeable
>>> with SUnit could get the tests working, that would be great. I think the
>>> Installer Tests require the enhanced SUnit from
>>> http://www.squeaksource.com/Testing.html. SUnit is another potential for a
>>> community supported external package. It too has diverged significantly from
>>> where it could have been.
>>> I kept the merged Installer for 4.2 in a local repo on my hard drive and I
>>> am able to load it into 4.3 now by resurrecting
>>> MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: which was also deleted.

>>> turfed and would allow the possibility to bring back Sake and Bob the
>>> Builder for example and work with them.
>>> The version of Installer on squeaksource was set up for automated builds,
>>> logging, etc.
>>
>> I see Testing refers to SSpec. I too would _love_ to see SSpec
>> (http://www.squeaksource.com/SSpec.html) resuscitated. It... well, there are
>> some things that leave me boggling. You'll see in the commit logs me hacking
>> around.
>>

> Very expressive...

Well, there's always the possibility that there's a very good reason to
raise an Error when an expectation is _met_. Just because I can't
imagine any such reason doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

There's certainly some nice-looking stuff in the SSpec codebase - the
language itself is really nice to use and read, the tests show how to
drive a UI without instantiating a full Morphic thing, and it does
actually have an extensive test suite.

You'll see I've submitted my multiselect list hacking to the Inbox.

frank

> Nicolas
>
>> I've managed to get most tests working again, by implementing multiselect
>> lists in ToolBuilder-SUnit. I don't have any tests covering what I've done
>> or I'd have committed it already, but if someone wants to look over what
>> I've done, I'm happy to submit it to the Inbox.
>>
>> frank

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Chris Muller-3
> However since I wrote the email, I have just had a look comparing the Installer in Sq 4.3 vs the version of Installer from squeaksource that I was able to Install/merge into 4.2, and a lot of Installer functionality has been summarily turfed lately.

By "turfed" I assume you mean removed?  Which functionality was
removed; I'm not seeing it.

Installer-Core-mtf.335 is a recent common-ancestor of both the
SqueakSource and 4.3-trunk versions of Installer-Core.  If we merge
the top version of Installer-Core from SqueakSource (
Installer-Core-nm.357, who is "nm"?) then it shows there are just 13
method changes, one removed (#squeaksource, which should not have been
removed).

The changes appear to be adding a "errors" variable to write exception
information to, no biggie, as well as changing the semantics of the
mcDetectFileBlock.

There is one conflict, #mcThing.  My version accomodates the new
Monticello repository API's that do not assume a FileBasedRepository.
nm's change seems to have put in some rather confusing comments in
Spanish..

> I kept the merged Installer for 4.2 in a local repo on my hard drive and I am able to load it into 4.3 now by resurrecting MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: which was also deleted.

MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: should not be resurrected.

> to bring back Sake and Bob the Builder for example and work with them.
> The version of Installer on squeaksource was set up for automated builds, logging, etc.

I'm not seeing any correlation between either branch of Installer-Core
and Sake, or for doing automated builds..?

  - Chris

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Ken G. Brown
At 2:59 PM -0500 5/8/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
> > However since I wrote the email, I have just had a look comparing the Installer in Sq 4.3 vs the version of Installer from squeaksource that I was able to Install/merge into 4.2, and a lot of Installer functionality has been summarily turfed lately.
>
>By "turfed" I assume you mean removed?  Which functionality was
>removed; I'm not seeing it.

Yes, I meant removed.

I made a local copy of Installer into my local repo from squeaksource around Feb 13, 2011 to fool around with and when I do a merge in Monticello Browser of Installer and  Installer-Core from my local Installer repository into Sq 4.3-11404, I get the list of changes far below, lots appear to be removals, stuff that is in my local repo, and not in Sq 4.3.
I took the versions from the top of the lists on squeaksource listing for the various packages in the squeaksource Installer repo.
Is that perhaps not the correct thing to do?

I rashly it seems, assumed that there was functionality lost since things like the following no longer work in Sq 4.3-11404:
(Installer sm package: 'OCompletion'; versions) explore.
Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.

How do I do things like that now?
Perhaps I am not understanding what the merge is telling me or I did not get the proper version when I grabbed Installer-Core-nm.357 around Feb 13, 2011.

I understood that there was functionality in the Installer on squeaksource that supported Sake and Bob the Builder for automated builds. There are other packages there, perhaps that is where the functionality resides.

This installs the whole deal for me once I brought back MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: :
(Installer monticello directory: '/mySqueakStuff/Sqkb/kgb-LocalMCRepository/Installer/')
        install: 'Installer';
        install: 'Installer-Core';
        install: 'Installer-Formats';
        install: 'Installer-Launcher';
        install: 'Installer-Scripts';
        install: 'Installer-Test';
        install: 'InstallerAll';
        install: 'Launcher-Core';
        install: 'Launcher-Test';
        install: 'Universes';
yourself.

'nm' is Norberto Manzanos who was on the Pharo list and did a few bug fixes.

Thx for any insight,
Ken

>Installer-Core-mtf.335 is a recent common-ancestor of both the
>SqueakSource and 4.3-trunk versions of Installer-Core.  If we merge
>the top version of Installer-Core from SqueakSource (
>Installer-Core-nm.357, who is "nm"?) then it shows there are just 13
>method changes, one removed (#squeaksource, which should not have been
>removed).
>
>The changes appear to be adding a "errors" variable to write exception
>information to, no biggie, as well as changing the semantics of the
>mcDetectFileBlock.
>
>There is one conflict, #mcThing.  My version accomodates the new
>Monticello repository API's that do not assume a FileBasedRepository.
>nm's change seems to have put in some rather confusing comments in
>Spanish..
>
> > I kept the merged Installer for 4.2 in a local repo on my hard drive and I am able to load it into 4.3 now by resurrecting MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: which was also deleted.
>
>MCFileBasedRepository>>versionFromFileNamed: should not be resurrected.

>> to bring back Sake and Bob the Builder for example and work with them.
>> The version of Installer on squeaksource was set up for automated builds, logging, etc.
>
>I'm not seeing any correlation between either branch of Installer-Core
>and Sake, or for doing automated builds..?
>
>  - Chris

Merging Installer-kgb.3

Installer (changed)
Installer>>open (changed)
InstallerMonticello>>basicInstall (changed)
InstallerMonticello>>mcDetectFileBlock: (changed)
InstallerMonticello>>mcSortFileBlock (changed)
InstallerMonticello>>mcThing (changed)
InstallerWeb>>basicInstall (changed)
InstallerWeb>>basicView (changed)
InstallerWeb>>thing (changed)
#(#'Installer-Core' #'Installer-Test' #'Installer-Formats' #'Installer-Scripts')
Installer class>>classPackages
Installer class>>classProjectLauncher
Installer class>>classSakePackages
Installer class>>classUGlobalInstaller
Installer class>>classUUniverse
Installer class>>classes
Installer class>>entities
Installer class>>fixesApplied
Installer class>>göran
Installer class>>history
Installer class>>initialize
Installer class>>mczInstall:
Installer class>>scripts
Installer class>>skipLoadingTests:during:
Installer class>>smalltalkImage
Installer class>>sourceFiles
Installer class>>unload:
Installer>>actionMatch:reportOn:ifNoMatch:
Installer>>bug
Installer>>bug:
Installer>>bug:browse:
Installer>>bug:fix:
Installer>>bug:fix:date:
Installer>>bug:retrieve:
Installer>>bug:view:
Installer>>bugFiles:
Installer>>changesetNamesFromUpdates:through:
Installer>>classHTTPSocket
Installer>>classMCDirectoryRepository
Installer>>classMCFtpRepository
Installer>>classMCGOODSRepository
Installer>>classMCHttpRepository
Installer>>classMCMagmaRepository
Installer>>classMCMczReader
Installer>>classMCSmtpRepository
Installer>>classSMLoader
Installer>>classSMSqueakMap
Installer>>classUVersion
Installer>>createRBforBug:
Installer>>date:
Installer>>desc
Installer>>desc:
Installer>>directory:
Installer>>ensureFix:
Installer>>ensureFixes:
Installer>>errors
Installer>>errors:
Installer>>evaluate:
Installer>>extractFromHtml:option:
Installer>>file
Installer>>file:
Installer>>fileBrowse
Installer>>fileInstall
Installer>>fileView
Installer>>fixBug:
Installer>>fixBug:date:
Installer>>ftp:directory:user:password:
Installer>>goods:port:
Installer>>http:
Installer>>http:user:password:
Installer>>httpGet:
Installer>>info
Installer>>isHtmlStream:
Installer>>justFixBug:
Installer>>justFixBug:date:
Installer>>loadUpdatesFromDisk
Installer>>loadUpdatesFromDiskToUpdateNumber:stopIfGap:
Installer>>logError:
Installer>>ma
Installer>>ma:
Installer>>maCheckDateAgainst:
Installer>>maFiles
Installer>>maPage
Installer>>maRead:field:
Installer>>maReadNotes:
Installer>>maScript
Installer>>maStreamForFile:
Installer>>maThing:date:
Installer>>maUrl
Installer>>maUrlFor:
Installer>>magma:port:
Installer>>mantisAction:reportOn:
Installer>>markers
Installer>>markers:
Installer>>markersBegin
Installer>>markersEnd
Installer>>markersTest
Installer>>mc
Installer>>mc:
Installer>>mcBrowse
Installer>>mcDetectFileBlock
Installer>>mcInstall
Installer>>mcSortFileBlock
Installer>>mcThing
Installer>>mcUrl
Installer>>mcVersions
Installer>>mcView
Installer>>mczInstall:
Installer>>parseUpdateListContents:
Installer>>project
Installer>>project:
Installer>>removeHtmlMarkupFrom:
Installer>>replaceEntitiesIn:
Installer>>sake
Installer>>sake:
Installer>>sakeInstall
Installer>>setBug:
Installer>>skipTests
Installer>>sm
Installer>>sm:
Installer>>smBrowse
Installer>>smInstall
Installer>>smPackageAndVersion
Installer>>smPackages
Installer>>smSearch:
Installer>>smThing
Installer>>smUpdate
Installer>>smVersions
Installer>>smView
Installer>>uniDoInstall
Installer>>uniInstall
Installer>>uniUpdate
Installer>>universe
Installer>>universe:
Installer>>unload:
Installer>>update
Installer>>updateDirectoryOrNil
Installer>>url
Installer>>url:
Installer>>urlAction:reportOn:
Installer>>urlBrowse
Installer>>urlGet
Installer>>urlGet:
Installer>>urlInstall
Installer>>urlThing
Installer>>urlToDownload
Installer>>urlView
Installer>>user
Installer>>user:
Installer>>viewBug:
Installer>>viewUrl
Installer>>webAction:reportOn:
Installer>>webBrowse
Installer>>webFindUrlToDownload
Installer>>webInstall
Installer>>webThing
Installer>>webView
Installer>>writeList:toStream:
Installer>>wsm
Installer>>wsm:
Installer>>wsmDownloadUrl
Installer>>wsmInstall
Installer>>wsmPackagesByName
Installer>>wsmReleasesFor:
Installer>>wsmThing
Installer>>wsmVersions
Installer>>wsmView
InstallerMonticello>>versionNumberFrom:
InstallerScripts
InstallerScripts class>>configMCVersion
InstallerScripts>>basicInstall
InstallerScripts>>options
InstallerScripts>>product
InstallerScripts>>scriptLPF
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingField
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldCroquet
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldCuis
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldLauncherLaunch
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldMonticello15
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldMonticello15Pharo
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldPharo
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldPostscript
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldPreamble
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldPreambleAllBut
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldPreambleAllButSqueak37
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldPreamblePharo
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSophie
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSqueak310
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSqueak3101
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSqueak3102
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSqueak37
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSqueak38
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldSqueak39
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldUpdateSqueakMap
InstallerScripts>>scriptLevelPlayingFieldetoys
InstallerScripts>>scriptLogging
InstallerScripts>>scriptMonticello16Beta
InstallerScripts>>scriptOmniBrowser
InstallerScripts>>scriptPackages
InstallerScripts>>scriptPackagesPharo
InstallerScripts>>scriptUniverses
InstallerScripts>>scriptUnloadTraits
InstallerScripts>>scriptUpgradeMonticello
InstallerScripts>>scriptUpgradeMonticelloBootstrap
InstallerTest
InstallerTest class>>ping
InstallerTest class>>resources
InstallerTest>>divide:
InstallerTest>>fixBug
InstallerTest>>getSystemAttribute:
InstallerTest>>inst
InstallerTest>>justFixBugNoTestPartPresent
InstallerTest>>maCheckDateAgainst
InstallerTest>>postCopy
InstallerTest>>setUp
InstallerTest>>testAnswerFillInTheBlank
InstallerTest>>testExtractAllFromHtmlUsingMarkers
InstallerTest>>testExtractFromHtmlUsingMarkers
InstallerTest>>testExtractLastFromHtmlUsingMarkers
InstallerTest>>testLaunchExtractAllParametersFrom
InstallerTest>>testMCFromUrl
InstallerTest>>testMarkersBeginDefault
InstallerTest>>testMarkersBeginMantis
InstallerTest>>testMarkersEndDefault
InstallerTest>>testMarkersEndMantis
InstallerTest>>testMarkersTestDefault
InstallerTest>>testMarkersTestMantis
InstallerTest>>testParseUpdateListContents
InstallerTest>>testPrintString
InstallerTest>>testPrintStringMC
InstallerTest>>testPrintStringMCproject
InstallerTest>>testPrintStringSM
InstallerTest>>testPrintStringSMproject
InstallerTest>>testPrintStringURL
InstallerTest>>testPrintStringURLproject
InstallerTest>>testSMPackageAndVersion
InstallerTest>>testSMPackageNoVersion
InstallerTest>>testSMSearch
InstallerTest>>testStartupFromCommandLine
InstallerTest>>testVersions
InstallerTest>>testWSMDownloadUrl
InstallerTest>>testWSMPackagesByName
InstallerTest>>testWebInstall
InstallerTest>>testWebInstallAlt
InstallerTest>>testWebSearchPathFrom
InstallerTest>>testWriteListToStream
InstallerTest>>toTestParseUpdateListContents
MCVersionLoader>>versions
MczInstaller
MczInstaller class>>clearVersionInfo
MczInstaller class>>extension
MczInstaller class>>fileReaderServicesForFile:suffix:
MczInstaller class>>initialize
MczInstaller class>>install:stream:
MczInstaller class>>installFileNamed:
MczInstaller class>>installStream:
MczInstaller class>>loadVersionFile:
MczInstaller class>>on:
MczInstaller class>>registerForFileList
MczInstaller class>>serviceLoadVersion
MczInstaller class>>services
MczInstaller class>>storeVersionInfo:
MczInstaller class>>unloadMonticello
MczInstaller class>>versionInfo
MczInstaller>>associate:
MczInstaller>>checkDependencies
MczInstaller>>extractInfoFrom:
MczInstaller>>extractPackageName
MczInstaller>>extractVersionInfo
MczInstaller>>fileName:
MczInstaller>>install
MczInstaller>>installMember:
MczInstaller>>packageName
MczInstaller>>parseMember:
MczInstaller>>recordVersionInfo
MczInstaller>>scanner
MczInstaller>>stream:
MczInstaller>>unregisterPackage
MczInstaller>>useNewChangeSetDuring:
MczInstaller>>versions:anySatisfy:
SARInstaller
SARInstaller class>>basicNewChangeSet:
SARInstaller class>>cardForSqueakMap:
SARInstaller class>>changeSetNamed:
SARInstaller class>>currentChangeSet
SARInstaller class>>directory:fileName:
SARInstaller class>>ensurePackageWithId:
SARInstaller class>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream:
SARInstaller class>>fileReaderServicesForFile:suffix:
SARInstaller class>>initialize
SARInstaller class>>installSAR:
SARInstaller class>>loadDVS
SARInstaller class>>loadMonticello
SARInstaller class>>loadMonticelloCVS
SARInstaller class>>newCardForSqueakMap:
SARInstaller class>>newChanges:
SARInstaller class>>serviceFileInSAR
SARInstaller class>>services
SARInstaller class>>squeakMapDo:
SARInstaller class>>squeakMapPackageID
SARInstaller class>>squeakMapPackageVersion
SARInstaller class>>unload
SARInstaller class>>withCurrentChangeSetNamed:do:
SARInstaller>>directory
SARInstaller>>directory:
SARInstaller>>errorNoSuchMember:
SARInstaller>>extractMember:
SARInstaller>>extractMember:toFileNamed:
SARInstaller>>extractMemberWithoutPath:
SARInstaller>>extractMemberWithoutPath:inDirectory:
SARInstaller>>fileIn
SARInstaller>>fileInFrom:
SARInstaller>>fileInGenieDictionaryNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileInMCVersion:withBootstrap:
SARInstaller>>fileInMemberNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileInMonticelloPackageNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileInMonticelloVersionNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileInMonticelloZipVersionNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileInMorphsNamed:addToWorld:
SARInstaller>>fileInPackageNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileInProjectNamed:createView:
SARInstaller>>fileInTrueTypeFontNamed:
SARInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream:
SARInstaller>>fileName
SARInstaller>>fileName:
SARInstaller>>getMCBootstrapLoaderClass
SARInstaller>>importImage:
SARInstaller>>initialize
SARInstaller>>installAllMembers
SARInstaller>>installMember:
SARInstaller>>installed:
SARInstaller>>installedMemberNames
SARInstaller>>installedMembers
SARInstaller>>memberNameForProjectNamed:
SARInstaller>>memberNamed:
SARInstaller>>memberNames
SARInstaller>>membersMatching:
SARInstaller>>openGraphicsFile:
SARInstaller>>openTextFile:
SARInstaller>>prependedDataSize
SARInstaller>>uninstalledMemberNames
SARInstaller>>uninstalledMembers
SARInstaller>>zip
SARInstaller>>zip:
SARInstaller>>zipFileComment

=====================================
Merging Installer-Core-kgb.350

Installer (changed)
[...]
Installer>>smReleasesForPackage:
[...]
MCVersionLoader>>versions

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Ken G. Brown
Indeed, doing:
 SMSqueakMap default loadUpdates.
appears to have fixed the problem.

After that, both
(Installer sm package: 'OCompletion'; versions) explore.
and
Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'. then work in a fresh image.

Why was that necessary? Something seems to have changed in the Installer in trunk. I'm pretty sure it used to work.
Is it because something needs to be loaded into a fresh image, and I was attempting the two little doIts without ever yet opening the SqueakMap Catalog browser in the fresh image?
I've opened the SqueakMap Catalog browser many times in other images so the sm folder is there, and I've been running out of the same folder for awhile.
That is completely non-intuitive to me.

Ken

At 1:41 PM -0500 5/8/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:

>Hmm, both of those work for me..
>
>It looks like maybe you need to update your SqueakMap from the net..?
>
>  SMSqueakMap default loadUpdates
>

>On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> What is the latest way to script SqueakMap functionality in Sq 4.3 alpha 11393?
>>
>> For example we used to be able to do:
> > (Installer sm package: 'OCompletion'; versions) explore.
>> and
> > Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.
>>
>> See <http://installer.pbwiki.com/Installer>
>>
>> Now
>> Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.
>> fails with the following:
>>
>> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #releases
>> InstallerSqueakMap>>smReleasesForPackage:
>> InstallerSqueakMap>>smThing
>> [] in InstallerSqueakMap>>basicInstall
>> [] in BlockClosure>>valueSupplyingAnswers:
>>
>> Thx for any insight,
>> Ken G. Brown

Re: scripting SqueakMap now?

Ken G. Brown
At 12:35 PM -0400 5/8/11, Chris Cunnington apparently wrote:

> > Installer is a prime example of a potentially community maintained external package.
>
>OK. That's an interesting idea. I won't argue that. I will argue that in the main Installer works. The functions you've found errors for don't work, but I don't think they are used much. A good example of this is FTP support in FileList. Totally broken. But nobody seems to miss it. Some things are higher priority than others.
>
>> Trunk started out with an old version of Installer for no good reason and has diverged since then.
>
>There are lots of things that happen around here for no good reason. It's not a conspiracy just a community.
>
>> A merge of Trunk Installer with the one on squeaksource is needed to bring Trunk to the latest. A bit of work is needed to bring Trunk up to the latest state and to get the tests working.
>
>Great. That sounds like a plan. Would you like to be the maintainer for Installer?
>
>Chris

Well, I am not a community.
And I may have something messed up in my local Installer repo that is confusing.
>From what Chris Muller is saying maybe we are pretty close to having the squeaksource Installer repo in sync with trunk Installer, not sure yet.

It appears that
(Installer sm package: 'OCompletion'; versions) explore.
and
Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.
both work in a fresh 4.3-11404 image if
SMSqueakMap default loadUpdates.
is done first.

Ken