scripting pharo

t olschewski
is there a standard way of using pharo 1.3 OneClick (or squeak 4.2 All-in-One) for scripting tasks ?

With python, I simply:

* write a script foo.py
* use extra classes by writing "import xyz"
* run "python foo.py"
or even simpler:
* #!/usr/bin/python

Re: scripting pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes

you can either pass a st file as argument. See the recent mail of alberto bachelli
or you can use Coral
        http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/coral/

Stef

On Nov 20, 2011, at 6:08 PM, t olschewski wrote:

> is there a standard way of using pharo 1.3 OneClick (or squeak 4.2
> All-in-One) for scripting tasks ?
>
> With python, I simply:
>
> * write a script foo.py
> * use extra classes by writing "import xyz"
> * run "python foo.py"
> or even simpler:
> * #!/usr/bin/python

Re: scripting pharo

t olschewski
thanks. That looks promising.

VSE ObjectFiler / VW BinaryObjectStorage

Chantal Thibodeau
Hi

I'm trying to migrate VSE / VW code to Pharo.  I have some "serialized"
objects "dumped" with a class called ObjectFiler (VSE) or
BynaryObjectStorage (VW).

Those files are index files.  They were "dumped" for a quick reload.

I'm looking and I cannot find something similar in Pharo.  Will I have to
transfer those files to something else.

I appreciate your help.

Chantal Thibodeau Recherche et développement / Research and development
Groupe Onscope Inc. / Onscope Group Inc. 651 Notre Dame O., Suite 200
Montréal, Québec H3C 1H9 1-877-563-9696 514-393-9696 # 382 www.onscope.com

Re: VSE ObjectFiler / VW BinaryObjectStorage

Chantal Thibodeau
Sorry gang, I finally find myself.

> I'm trying to migrate VSE / VW code to Pharo.  I have some "serialized"
> objects "dumped" with a class called ObjectFiler (VSE) or
> BynaryObjectStorage (VW).
>
> Those files are index files.  They were "dumped" for a quick reload.
>
> I'm looking and I cannot find something similar in Pharo.  Will I have to
> transfer those files to something else.
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Chantal Thibodeau Recherche et développement / Research and development
> Groupe Onscope Inc. / Onscope Group Inc. 651 Notre Dame O., Suite 200
> Montréal, Québec H3C 1H9 1-877-563-9696 514-393-9696 # 382 www.onscope.com

Re: VSE ObjectFiler / VW BinaryObjectStorage

Marcus Denker-4

On Nov 25, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Chantal Thibodeau wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to migrate VSE / VW code to Pharo.  I have some "serialized" objects "dumped" with a class called ObjectFiler (VSE) or BynaryObjectStorage (VW).
>
> Those files are index files.  They were "dumped" for a quick reload.
>
> I'm looking and I cannot find something similar in Pharo.  Will I have to transfer those files to something else.
>
> I appreciate your help.

Fuel might be the best for storing objects on disk and loading them *fast*:

        http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de